Honored Contributor

Does any body take this?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

Hi, @goldensrbest .  I take oil of oregano when I am fighting any kind of virus.  It is one of my go-to supplements.  (I also cook my dog's food with oregano and basil, which have anti-viral properties.)

Honored Contributor

@Jersey Born wrote:

Hi, @goldensrbest .  I take oil of oregano when I am fighting any kind of virus.  It is one of my go-to supplements.  (I also cook my dog's food with oregano and basil, which have anti-viral properties.)

Great, i have been taking it ,so glad to hear some one else is.

Respected Contributor

Re: Oil of oregano

[ Edited ]

Hi Goldensrbest (oh - and they sure are!)

I wasn't taking it - but searched WebMd and found this on their page:

Oregano is a plant. The leaf is used to make medicine.

Oregano can be used for several types of common cold ailments.

It is also used for beating bloatOil of oregano can be used topically on the skin for many skin irritations as well as an aid to avoid insect bites.

Sounds like a well rounded plant with a variety of uses to help ward off the everyday bothers of all sorts of ills.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Does any body take this?

@goldensrbest for a good overview and links to actual studies see https://www.healthline.com/health/oregano-oil-for-cold

Esteemed Contributor

Have not used it myself, but gave it to my dogs when they had kennel cough.  Worked very quickly for them with a little honey.  No other medications needed.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

Re: Oil of oregano

[ Edited ]

I used to but stopped when my doctor at the time said that it increased estrogen and that I, as a breast cancer survivor, shouldn't take it.  So I stopped  It didn't actually ever keep me from getting the winter bronchitis (and pneumonia twice) that I would get every year.

What I HAVE been using more recently is a mushroom blend recommended by my naturopath and Mullein leaf (as a tea and as a supplement in capsules).  No bronchitis since, knock wood!  Used to be if I got a sinus thing it would travel to my chest.  Not since the mullein leaf and mushrooms!  And I haven't had a sinus "thing"progress to a full blown infection either.  So, I'm sold on my mushrooms and mullein leaf. Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

I also give to my dogs, every other day,for a few months now.

Valued Contributor

I have taken this from time to time. It helps with your body's immune system.