Honored Contributor

Re: Oregano as an Antibiotic

Just to clarify (if I need to), this isn't the oregano you put in your pizza sauce.

Cat Tongue

Trusted Contributor

Junk science, plain and simple.  First off, it it were really an antibiotic, long term use would be harmful (and it would have no effect on viruses).  If any studies actually showed this to be effective, doctors would use it.

The only peole who get benefits from oregano oil are those who sell it to the unsuspecting public who should know better (and they make a killing at it, too).

Honored Contributor

It just so happens that we have one member of this community who probably knows more about oregano than most...an herbalist.

Calling @Drythe ! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KYToby wrote:

Junk science, plain and simple.  First off, it it were really an antibiotic, long term use would be harmful (and it would have no effect on viruses).  If any studies actually showed this to be effective, doctors would use it.

The only peole who get benefits from oregano oil are those who sell it to the unsuspecting public who should know better (and they make a killing at it, too).

@KYToby wrote:

Yeah, we're all just a bunch of dumb clucks.Cat Tongue.

Thanks for your contribution!

Esteemed Contributor

And there are always those that have to rear their ugly heads and spout off negativity.  All it shows is that they don't know what they are talking about. 

As if I or anyone else should believe that doctors know close to everything.  When I read that sentence I almost spit out my water.  Unfortunately there will always be those that will never look outside the box of mainstream medicine and that includes most doctors.  A real shame.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Trusted Contributor

This is what our entire family takes.  I also have the drops, which can be used under the tongue or on the skin, but we prefer the capsules to put in mouth.  It's been used on feet for fungus issues and on a back for a growth that no dermatologist knew what to do about.  It's cleared up all kinds of issues, just within our family. Can also be used on the bottom of feet, including babies, to get into the system.  It's anti-fungal, anti-virus, anti-bacterial. Nature's medicine--truly a gift from God.

Related image

Honored Contributor

Gee, I wonder how Purdue gets away with using it rather than using antibiotics in their chickens?

Those chickens must be brainwashed.

Trusted Contributor

It can also be misted onto lettuce to prevent it from spoiling faster. 

It has so many uses.  I am enthused about and love oregano oil. 

Honored Contributor

@Teddie wrote:

This is what our entire family takes.  I also have the drops, which can be used under the tongue or on the skin, but we prefer the capsules to put in mouth.  It's been used on feet for fungus issues and on a back for a growth that no dermatologist knew what to do about.  It's cleared up all kinds of issues, just within our family. Can also be used on the bottom of feet, including babies, to get into the system.  It's anti-fungal, anti-virus, anti-bacterial. Nature's medicine--truly a gift from God.

Related image

I love this brand!  I have used their drops in the past.

I have the Source Naturals brand right now. 

Honored Contributor

I did not realize that organic and natural livestock farmers are using oregano oil (and some other herbs) instead of antibiotics to keep their livestock healthy, rather than using the antibiotics we know cause problems.   Apparently they've been doing this for several years now.

I only buy free range chicken and meat, but I didn't know about the oregano oil!