Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Oh my gosh! I've lost...

[ Edited ]

...10 lbs. without even trying--and I'm glad because I needed to. I finally got on the scale today and nearly fainted, I was so surprised. No wonder my clothes are so loose.

I did change my eating habits a little--maybe eating all that ceral for lunch and/or dinner is what did it. I certainly didn't do it by getting more exercise. Due to some orthopedic problems I can barely move; even walking hurts so much I can't do it.

Nice surprise!

Honored Contributor

Re: Oh my gosh! I've lost...

Take the win and be happy 😊.   

Honored Contributor

3,253 Thumbs Up Emoji Illustrations & Clip Art - iStock

CONGRATULATIONS.  I can relate to ortho issues.  It's become quite debilitating for me and movement continues to decline.  I've had to drop my daily walking from five miles to four.

Honored Contributor

@PuppyLoverBob666,

Good for you! Nice to read news like this!

Thumbs Up Emoticon - Beautiful Emoji Queen Duvet, transparent png download

Honored Contributor

Good for you!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you haven't been moving around then that weight loss could be muscle. But if it makes you happy then great!

Respected Contributor

@PuppyLoverBob666  What a nice surprise. I'm happy for you and I can relate to not being able to exercise. I would like to be able to go walking, but I have arthritis in both feet and knees. I have a torn meniscus and bone on bone in one knee.

My cholesteral was high and I decided that I needed to lose a little weight. I started  a couple of months ago with small changes.

1) I gave up my 4 oz. of orange juice in the morning and

switched to a mug of warm water into which I add juice

of 1/2 fresh lemon. (that is supposed to help get rid of     belly fat and is good for metabolism.

2) I don't have coffee with cream & sugar every day. I may have it once a week.

3) I no longer have my English muffin or cinnamon raisin

toast. I might have it once a week with the coffee.

4) Not given up completely, but have cut down on carbs

from candy and breads.

5) For breakfast I have homemade granola or eggs.

6) For lunch I have plain yogurt w/ a tsp of honey or cottage cheese and fresh berries or fruit.

My clothes have been fitting a little looser and when I went to the doctor last week, he was happy with my bloodwork.  After fighting high cholesterol for years, even with a statin, my cholesterol was good and I had lost 7 lbs.

Unlike what doctors were saying for years, it's not the fats

and meats that raise cholesterol, it's the carbs. (I do love chocolate)

I would like to lose more weight and it is easier in the summer when eating more salads and fruits and not baking

like I do in winter.

Esteemed Contributor

@PuppyLoverBob666 

@PuppyLoverBob666 wrote:

...10 lbs. without even trying--and I'm glad because I needed to. I finally got on the scale today and nearly fainted, I was so surprised. No wonder my clothes are so loose.

I did change my eating habits a little--maybe eating all that ceral for lunch and/or dinner is what did it. I certainly didn't do it by getting more exercise. Due to some orthopedic problems I can barely move; even walking hurts so much I can't do it.

Nice surprise!

Great, but i,m confused.  Were you eating cereal for lunch and dinner and stopped, or is that all you are and lost weight?

Honored Contributor

@PuppyLoverBob666 

That's amazing!  Congrats!  What do you eat for your evening meal?  I need to lose 10 lbs. and I just can't seem to do it.  I am very disgusted with myself.  I know a lot of the things which are causing me to gain but I just can't seem to quit eating them as they are my favorite things.  I am hungry all the time.  I wish there were a safe diet pill to take.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

very nice!!! I've found that when I limit or remove the white carbs from my diet--bread, rice, pasta, sugar, I can drop a few pounds too. Of course those are the things that I LOVE----Woman Indifferent