Valued Contributor

Prayers to you!

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Honored Contributor

@Jayhawk Girl@violann@KarenQVC@SXMGirl,

My Iron Infusion today was again close to 6 hours, as was the one last week. While I had no major problems, the Infusion was stopped when my blood pressure dropped to 85/45. 

I was getting close to my passing out stage, for my body, so this was happening only because of my personal physical makeup. I have had enough direct experience with blood pressure numbers over the years, so I do not always have to see a reading to know my staying conscious numbers.

Called for the nurse enough before time to keep my numbers from going below those passing out numbers. Infusion was stopped and regular IV Fluids were started, in the other part of the split IV. My numbers came up, my body regained being fully conscious and they asked if I wanted to continue.

It was my choice to continue and there was not another issue with finishing up what I came there to have done. When I told my wife, who also needs Iron Infusions(she is not allergic to Iron, as am I), she said she wished I had chosen to stop the Infusion, as that is what she would have chosen for herself.

Doing just fine, a little tired, but that is because I had one of my harder exercise workouts on Monday, and I understand the cause. Before my next Infusion, if I ever need one again, I learned something today that I won't forget. Never do a heavy/higher heart rate interval workout the day prior to having this procedure. Learned this today for sure.

Tomorrow is ice skating, though a little beat up from a couple falls, because I can now still skate well, and because I love doing so as long as I am physically able. One fall was a direct hit from behind, while I was on 1 foot, working on improving my balance as I do each skating session  as part of my warmup. Kid could skate pretty fast, but cannot turn or stop quickly. The management showed him the door after this uncalled for incidence. He didn't even apologize and that tells me a lot about him and???

Gotta throw in the down sides of what and why's of my experiences. While it is great to be able to once again skate well, nobody at any level of skill on ice skates is immune to taking a fall. A direct hit from behind by a young kid that is trying to impress someone with his skating speed? He will only do it to me 1 time that's for sure.

Thanks everyone for your concern as it is sincerely appreciated.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut, thanks for posting, John!  I hope you are feeling well.  I cannot imagine going through the procedures that you and your wife go through.  Wishing you both the best.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

Thank you @SXMGirl,

Little beat up, but for my body that seems to be more the norm than the exception. Always body parts beat up during my hockey and ref days, but as long as they still worked, I was/am good to go. Other than that I am still feeling great and that is a very nice feeling.

Appreciate your kind comments,

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

My sister has had those infusions and they are not for the faint of heart (no pun intended). Hers is an autoimmune issue and attacks different areas at different times.

Kind of a surprise when you have been feeling and doing so well. Not much keeps you down does it John?

Happy (and safe) skating!

Valued Contributor

Wish I could go ice skating with you, except I would fall and break my butt!

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!