Honored Contributor

Re: Obesity: The Post Mortem (the film)

[ Edited ]

I don't think the majority of us taking Armour thyroid ,needs someone to  draw a  curtain of doom ,about our choice. If we had any choice in the matter we wouldn't be using it to begin with. It's another slam at people using meat/animal products..

Honored Contributor

@cherrywrote:

I don't think the majority of us taking Armour thyroid ,needs someone to  draw a  curtain of doom ,about our choice. If we had any choice in the matter we wouldn't be using it to begin with. It's another slam at people using meat/animal products..

@cherry

I think you posted on the wrong thread.

This thread is about a documentary on an autopsy. 

Honored Contributor

No I didn't  . You wondered why I tagged you on that thread..this is why. It fits in with everything Carmie has said to you

Why not just do your thing ,and let the rest of us do ours?  You will make many more friends like that, and you might even win over some people, not me, but others might be interested

You are smart ,and can be  a lot of fun ,when you just let everyone find their own way in life

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJwrote:

@sidsmomwrote:

@sfnativewrote:

As with the physicians in the production, which some of you have viewed, I have years experience with donated specimens and am able to confirm all that's been said and more.  The worst part for myself and my staff, after any surgical training course that used an obese specimen, was closing incisions.  If you are more than a bit overweight, consider the challenges a potential surgeon will have down the road closing incisions. 

@sfnative

Fascinating!  So many questions, if you don’t mind....

If I had my career life to start over, I would’ve loved to be somewhere in the pathology/medical examiner/detective field.   The way a body can still ‘speak’ to you & give one so much information...that’s fascinating to me...but unfortunatley, I’m not smart enough to pass all this chemistry classes! Ha.  I bet your career changed so much throughout time.  

Question:

Regarding the donated body in this documentary...they placed the organs back inside...is the donated body cremated?  

I’ve also read where obese/morbidly obese bodies are harder to cremate.  

Is that true?  

@sidsmom. This only pertains to your question about donated bodies. My parents donated to a teaching hospital. Yes the bodies were cremated and returned to a designated person exactly 2 years later. Husband and I have also done the paperwork for our bodies to go to a teaching hospital in NYC.

@proudlyfromNJ

YES!

I, too, have the notarized/signed whole body donation paperwork for a

medical school here in DFW.  The ‘Ultimate Recycling Act’, so to speak.

What a wonderful gift your parents gave...and you & dear husband  

are giving for the next medical school generation!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cherrywrote:

No I didn't . You wondered why I tagged you on that thread..this is why. It fits in with everything Carmie has said to you
Why not just do your thing ,and let the rest of us do ours? You will make many more friends like that, and you might even win over some people, not me, but others might be interested
You are smart ,and can be a lot of fun ,when you just let everyone find their own way in life

Thank you. 

Going EXTREMELY off topic to your above post,

again...

and I repeat again...

and one more time in case we didn’t quite understand, 

the thyroid post, for which I tagged you in, in a

totally different thread on a

totally different topic

was to correct the Armour medication was dissected not from cows, but pigs only.

No more.

No less.

No Earthly idea why I’m “living rent free” in everyone’s mind

about my topics of choice. 

Honored Contributor

It wasn't just that. You had to insert a warning.

We all have Drs. they advice what is best for us

We pay them for this service. I have implicit faith in mine. She runs blood tests to check me regularly.. Go back and read your post

QVC Customer Care

This thread has been closed for commenting...