Trusted Contributor

OUTRAGEOUS PRICING FOR SOME SUPPLEMENTS

I use several supplements to manage my digestive issues.  Each is extremely effective in assisting me to function "normally."

Lately, I notice every time I order (usually from Amazon or Ebay) the prices seem to be increasing exponentially!!  Like through the roof. 

There is one digestive enzyme, 1 probiotic and one HCL with pepsin and betaine.  All are proprietary formulas that truly work beautifully.  I don't think there are comparable substitutes.

It's gotten to a point where I'm spending over $200./month for these 3 products.

I'm trying to understand what's going on with the pricing. 

I would mention the exact products but didn't know if that was permissible.

Respected Contributor

Re: OUTRAGEOUS PRICING FOR SOME SUPPLEMENTS

I have too noticed that top quality effect supplements are getting expensive.  So many people are trying to avoid pharm. meds that people turning to supplements and special foods.  Once the quaility products get a following the supply and demand problems drive up costs.

I already have a product run out of supply due to high demand.  People started selling bottles out of their own stash for $900 !!!!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There is an herbal ayurvedic supplement that is used to control bloodpressure.  It has become wildly successful and popular over the years.  As more people turn to more natural alternatives without the harmful bp meds, the price of this herbal supplement has gone up.  It is still reasonably priced, but I've noticed the increase over the years.....100s of positive reviews on Amazon....the market determines the price of supplements.  And I agree people are seeking healthier options to health crisis...."let food by thy medicine" 

Honored Contributor

@pdlinda  I get it in using supplements to create betterment for ourselves, digestion etc. However there are lesser expensive thigs to do for yourself.

Add in better foods such as kimchi, kraut supplements. Take a digestive additive and a green tea addititve. Drink Kefir daily, there are many flavors incuding plain. These drinks have tens of thousands of pro and pre biotics. You can find these items in your grocery stores.