Trusted Contributor

OUCH!!! Why is this happening?

Over the last few years, I've had just about everything that can go wrong, health-wise, go wrong.

The latest: yesterday I was fishing around in the chest freezer trying to get something for dinner. Next thing I know the top falls down on my right hand, including all my fingers, as hard as possible. I try to control myself but this really hurt and I yelped at the top of my voice.

Both sides of my right hand, including 2-1/2 fingers, immediately turned purple and stiffenen up.

Plus today I feel really sick to my stomach (not connected, I don't think) and my left shoulder--the one I had surgically repairs 12 years ago--is starting to bark. I see my phyical therapist next week and I syspect it'll me another course of PT twice a week, for two months.

I'm so sick and tired of all this I could just lay down and die. May there really IS a purgatory and I'm going through it now.

Trusted Contributor

Re: OUCH!!! Why is this happening?

[ Edited ]

@FuzzyFace @Miss Lorraine, it sounds like you've  had a bad stretch. We've all been there with one thing after another.  Don't give up. As the saying goes, "This too, shall pass."  Sending you good wishes. 🤗🤗

Honored Contributor

@FuzzyFace   I really do not have any answers for why....but just want to sayI am so sorry you have health issues and on top of those had a really bad day yesterday☹️. Some days it does seem like everything is against you. There is no reason for it. It sucks! 

I hope in the next day or two you start feeling better. 

Honored Contributor

@FuzzyFace

If one lives long enough, very few make the journey without suffering through some painful times, both physically and emotionally. Sometimes the come in bunches and other times more than 1 thing at a time.

I have had my share and learned long ago the best way for me to deal with them, in both aspects. For me there are no "why me/poor me", etc. Depending on what or who I need to get to the source of the issue, that is where I begin.

At that point my focus is on what is necessary for me to do to works towards returning to what I was previous to the situation, or setback. As an Optimist, I always see a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnels, regardless of what transpired.

This I know has worked for me to make it through some very rough times, some back to back, others simultaneously. My belief is each person has to find their way of dealing with whatever is put in their way on their journey through life.

Sorry these things are happening to you, and my sincere hope is you have fewer, if any more of them, along the way.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

That sounds like a big ouch! Just take it easy if you can.

Honored Contributor

@hckynut Well said.  I know you and Cindy have been through so much too. Your kind words of wisdom can help others including me.

@FuzzyFace You are going through a rough spot right now and I’m sorry you feel the way you do. I will keep you in my prayers.

Honored Contributor

@FuzzyFace sorry to hear about your health problems but I am praying that things get better soon.Stay strong and dont give up because you matter and life is always full of ups and downs but still worth living.Just get all of the medical help that you need and rest up...ice your hand and take it easy.

Esteemed Contributor

You've received good advice. I'm sorry you're frustrated and hurting. Careful what you profess as there's power in our words. Be encouraged.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@FuzzyFace

I can and will totally commiserate with you!  I've been feeling the same way for some time.  Every time I get one step forward, I get slapped 5 steps back!  DH, too!  We try to stay positive and I think we do pretty well considering --- however, there are days when it just feels too much to even stick your toes out of the bed for fear of what is going to happen next!  I get depressed at times because it's one health issue after another.  And neither DH, nor I get over any one thing when we get more heaped on us.  I pray --- a lot!    Just know for what it's worth that you are not alone.  Others of us have similar situations and yes, it is very trying.  I do dry to focus on happy times and on things in my life that I am grategful.  Best wishes always!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor