Valued Contributor

I asked my doctor and with her recommendation, she told me to get melatonin and sleepy time tea.  The tea works wonders alone for many, but it didn't do much for me, but the melatonin does.  Check with your doctor for the right dosage and recommendations for you.

Esteemed Contributor

I use Walmart brand, Equate, and for me it works!

Valued Contributor

Insta Sleep - it's a tablet that melts on the tongue.  Works quickly.  As an alternative, I like Sleep3.  I get plenty of exercise every day - at least 15K steps and only drink one cup of coffee in the morning.  I cannot seem to fall asleep on my own anymore.  :/

Frequent Contributor

Omax

Honored Contributor

OTC means over the counter.

Respected Contributor

I take a PM pain reliever acetaminophen/diphenhydramine  or I wake up with a headache in the morning. not to mention the back pain.  Ibuprofen/diphenhydramine does not work for me.

The DIphenhydramine is the sleep aid in many PM type  OTC pain/sleep combos

Diphenhydramine= BENADRYL.  I've tried just benadryl  and I sleep, BUT MAN!  it gives me the STRANGEST Dreams.  not so with the pain reliever attatched.  Fair warning if you try it.

Respected Contributor

CBD gummies with melatonin. I like the Charlotte's Web raspberry flavored ones.

If I'm stiff or sore for some reason, I take Tylenol PM instead of the gummies. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

I like Andrew Lessman's Night Time.  It's melatonin, valarian root and some other things.

The label says to take up to 3 and I find I usually need 2 but sometimes 3 if 2 doesn't work.

I bought it for travel as it's hard to adjust to time zones and working all day.  It's been a life saver.

If I have pain, I use Advil PM.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Valued Contributor

Benydryl, or its generic diphenhydramine, will also work. I take it for allergies because it works better and more quickly than the more expensive antihistamines. I take one tablet so I will not get too sleepy. I am retired now, but when I was working as a MRI tech, it was also a suggestion for patients with anxiety without getting a prescribed sedative.

Respected Contributor

Drink camomile tea it is very relaxing. Read, read, and read some more. Read something you're not interested in. That's what does the trick for me. Once I started reading about WW1 and I was out cold in 10 minutes. I did this every night for a week and then I started to enjoy learning this history. I had to move on to another topic!  lol. My friend takes Tylenol PM just 1 tablet only when she has occasional sleeplessness. You should discuss this insomnia issue with your physician. Please be careful!