Respected Contributor

Has anyone tried them? I would appreciate your feedback.

Thank you,

Cathy

Valued Contributor

Re: OTC Relicore or Lipozene?

Haven't tried either of them, will try to lose weight the old fashioned way. I just googled Relicore and it seems like a scam, especially for 40 bucks a bottle. I would stay away from it.

Respected Contributor

Thanks Piper.

What I found online was that Lipozene had (some?)kind of fiber. Relicore didn't say what was in it. I'm hungry all the time, sigh...

Probably doesn't help that every 4 minutes while watching TV I see pizzas, lobsterfest, butterfinger candy, etc. Even if I'm not thinking of food if I watch TV I will be.

Honored Contributor

If either of these, or ANY OTHER OTC weight loss "treatment" worked, it wouldn't have taken me 50 years to lose weight.
Trusted Contributor

On 3/21/2015 Jackhound Mommie said:

Thanks Piper.

What I found online was that Lipozene had (some?)kind of fiber. Relicore didn't say what was in it. I'm hungry all the time, sigh...

Probably doesn't help that every 4 minutes while watching TV I see pizzas, lobsterfest, butterfinger candy, etc. Even if I'm not thinking of food if I watch TV I will be.

Cathy, I know how it is to feel tempted to eat all the time. Just a suggestion, maybe you were thinking of doing this anyway. We're coming out of a nasty winter. Get the Vitamix TSV, a good pair of walking shoes, and make a commitment to make some positive changes. The Vitamix will make it easier to eat healthier. The walking will tone you up and burn the calories. Those diet pills always have a disclaimer, 'When combined with exercise and diet'. So, skip the pills and do the diet/exercise yourself. Keep a supply of low-calorie, high fiber snacks and toss the bad foods. Good luck, with whatever you decide.

Esteemed Contributor

Jackhound Mom.... my brother is a physician and he has always told me to NEVER take these weight loss medications. They can be very dangerous. The best way to loose weight is to exercise and eat less. Regards, Maria

Respected Contributor

Good Morning Ladies,

Thank you for all the kind answers. Yes I'm using our clubhouse treadmills and have good shoes. I was just hoping for a little something safe to curb my hunger. I eat mostly good food but crave bad, mainly sugar...

Happy Sunday to all,

Cathy

Super Contributor

If you happen to be insulin-resistant, add a tablespoon of MCT oil (medium chain triglyceride) 2 or 3 times a day to your diet. I put it in my coffee - start slow, though, there is a laxative effect that can occur if you start with too much. I can only use 2 tablespoons a day but I sure am not constipated anymore. It seems to curb my cravings and I've lost 10 pounds in the past month.

Honored Contributor

Excellent advice on the thread. I wanted to add some cautionary articles, because these products can be dangerous in ways some might not be aware of. Example: some are tainted with experimental or prescription drugs.

(all links go directly to ConsumerReports.org):

~~~~~

Don’t fall for fad weight-loss claims, FTC warns: Take our expert advice for dropping winter weight

~~~~~~

Why you should skip weight loss drugs: Medications promise to help drop pounds, but at the risk of ...

~~~~~~

Taking diet pills? Don't waste your money. A new Consumer Reports survey shows that people are misi...

~~~~~~

Another reason to stay away from weight loss supplements: OxyELITE Pro Super Thermogenic is laced wi...

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

On 3/22/2015 pistolino said:

If you happen to be insulin-resistant, add a tablespoon of MCT oil (medium chain triglyceride) 2 or 3 times a day to your diet. I put it in my coffee - start slow, though, there is a laxative effect that can occur if you start with too much. I can only use 2 tablespoons a day but I sure am not constipated anymore. It seems to curb my cravings and I've lost 10 pounds in the past month.

Interested in this. Which MCT are you using?