Esteemed Contributor

Re: ODD SYMPTOMS ~ NO ANSWERS, YET

@sidsmom wrote:

I’ve always said, if I’m on my deathbed & can only utter 3 words, 

they won’t be “I Love You’ but...

Check For Parasites!”

I’ve seen too many of those parasite shows on TV where they

search & search and the patient gets more & more uncomfortable

when it was a parasite deep in the body.

The bleching part made me write this & especially since he’s outside

so much...there’s a chance something got inhaled. Don’t know where

to take this, but it wouldn’t hurt to mention to the doctor since it

remains a questionable case. 

@sidsmom  I always have to "giggle" when I read your posts.  This time is because I LOVE those TV shows too.

I am scratching my head trying to imagine every possible exposure he could have had.  I am hoping the ultrasound shows something that explains it all.  I know this is causing anxiety for him as he is a cancer survivor.  He had a BMT 9 years ago and is cured, but you always have that in the back of your mind......

When we see the doc again, I will suggest a bug check.  Woman Wink

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I hope you are right, @Imaoldhippie.  This has gone on too long. Woman Happy

Super Contributor

Could be gallbladder.

Contributor

Hey Tendstodogs. His symptoms are similar to what I had when I had gall stones-especially the belching and pain descriptions. I hope the dr orders an ultra sound on his upper right quadrant.  Best of luck to you and your husband in finding the cause and the cure.

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I have a lot of back issues.  Sitting a lot makes it worse.  I have low back pain especially and was told I have a disk issue.  I also have the sciatic pain which goes down the side of the buttocks and leg.  I alternate between using heat and ice --- both of which seem to give me some relief.  Also those little drug store "tens" things help a bit, too.  When I get really, really bad, I have to get chiropractic help.  But I would not do that until your husband gets further testing.  

@AngelPuppy1  He went to the chiropractor twice and it did nothing to improve or worsen it. 

Hopefully we get to the bottom of this soon!

@tends2dogs

I'm sorry this did not help him.  Unfortunately when I get this issue, I have to go many, many times before I get relief.  I send my best wishes to you both that you find answers and get him fixed up!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

@kinda silly wrote:

Hey Tendstodogs. His symptoms are similar to what I had when I had gall stones-especially the belching and pain descriptions. I hope the dr orders an ultra sound on his upper right quadrant.  Best of luck to you and your husband in finding the cause and the cure.

Thank you for writing this, @kinda silly.  I thought the same thing, especially since there was "gravel like stuff" seen on the CT.

He had an ultrasound done this morning of that area.  They said they would know in 2 to 3 days.  Tick tock.......

Esteemed Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I have a lot of back issues.  Sitting a lot makes it worse.  I have low back pain especially and was told I have a disk issue.  I also have the sciatic pain which goes down the side of the buttocks and leg.  I alternate between using heat and ice --- both of which seem to give me some relief.  Also those little drug store "tens" things help a bit, too.  When I get really, really bad, I have to get chiropractic help.  But I would not do that until your husband gets further testing.  

@AngelPuppy1  He went to the chiropractor twice and it did nothing to improve or worsen it. 

Hopefully we get to the bottom of this soon!

@tends2dogs

I'm sorry this did not help him.  Unfortunately when I get this issue, I have to go many, many times before I get relief.  I send my best wishes to you both that you find answers and get him fixed up!!!  

@AngelPuppy1 He had an ultrasound done this morning.  Hopefully we will know something soon.

OT I have always loved your quote signature.  It is exactly the way I feel about sunny days vs cloudy days.  I swear I am a solar panel, LOL.

Honored Contributor

Re: ODD SYMPTOMS ~ NO ANSWERS, YET: UPDATE

I was just getting ready to ask if your husband has his gall bladder. My teacher experienced pain in her back and pressure. between her shoulder blades, Along with excessive belching that turned out to be a low functioning (17%) gall bladder. She did not have stones, but her issues were resolved once the gall bladder was removed. Best wishes to your husband!
Honored Contributor

My teacher daughter was the one with the problem I described, but my trucker daughter had hers removed within months of her sister, also very low functioning. She could not eat any foods except grilled chicken and Sprite for weeks before her surgery. Both have to be very careful with what they eat and still have what is commonly called dumping issues after eating.
Esteemed Contributor

@tends2dogs

My first thought when I read your post yesterday was gallstones, because of the belching.  I had my gall bladder removed at the age of 21 due to large gallstones - and my main symptom was belching, no matter what I ate.  The doctor was convinced it was all in my head because I was a thin, fit college student.  But the gall bladder test showed otherwise.  Tell your DH the surgery nowadays is easy compared what it was many years ago.  They'll use a laproscope, and he'll be up and around in no time.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett