Respected Contributor

Re: OCan an infection go away without antibiotics

[ Edited ]

@geegerbee I know you are searching for answers, but these forums are not the way to do it.  Please consider getting a second a opinion and listening to medical professionals.  Best wishes!

Valued Contributor

Re: Can an infection go away without antibiotics

What a coincidence.  My tooth broke on the back side.  I went to the dentist and found out I needed a root canal.  Had one done today and didn't feel a thing.  I was given antibiotics.  You do NOT want an infection...very dangerous.  Please don't be afraid.  I swear I didn't feel a thing then and now.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@geegerbee Your dentist should have prescribed an antibiotic immediately even though you still need to fix it.  Also trying to fix when infection is still can and probably spread infection.  My dentist will give 2 rounds of antiobiotics to make sure the infection is gone before doing anything!!  I think I would find another dentist!

Respected Contributor

An ongoing infection in one of the dirtiest places in the human body--the mouth-- should be dealt with medically and professionally. ANY infection in the head region should be taken seriously because your brain is in your head, and you don't want infection traveling there. 

When I have a body issue that requires addressing certain fears (like fear of dentistry) and wonder if action is optional, I imagine I'm taking care of a dependent person with that problem and I ask myself whether I would let that person go untreated. If the answer is  no, I haul myself to the doctor, dentist, or whatever professional is appropriate and deal with it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Can an infection go away without antibiotics

Oh my gosh, girl.....get to the dentist.  I have not forgotten how a little girlfriends mother (in grade school) let her tooth or teeth go.  Infection soon took over and she died!  It was so sad.  Please call your doctor or dentist.  Waiting is way too dangerous.

Esteemed Contributor

If a tooth is broken and infected, it needs to come out. Antibiotics will never cure the root cause. Its infected.....and it will continue to spread. Ask for nitrous oxide or ask to be put out. That tooth must be removed.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@geegerbee   Not with teeth....the infection has no where to go... it stays in the gums.....I would worry it could travel through your sinus pathway to your brain! You better put on your big girl panties and do what the dentist. Says. It could be your life at stake if the infection gets real bad😧

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It might spread to your other teeth if the one tooth is infected. Not good.

Honored Contributor

@geegerbee, I am a big dentist wienie, too.  If you go to an oral surgeon, the office will probably offer you a mild sedation and you will be blissfully unaware of what's going on.  

This is something that you need to take care of right away.  

Honored Contributor

@geegerbee So what have you decided to do? I hope you have  dental appointment so infection doesn't spread to the rest of your body, which it will.

Take care and get medical help, please.