Super Contributor

Re: O/t. AARP part d drug plan

Check out WellCare. My premium is about $26 and my tier 1 generics have 0 copay.
Super Contributor

Sigh! This has now gotten so complicated. It should not be this way. it is hard to keep up. I am working until at least 65, but am checking thing out now. It is only 5 years away. I cannot imagine myself retired right now. What will I do? I work ALL THE TIME.

Honored Contributor

On 10/26/2014 chips said:

Sigh! This has now gotten so complicated. It should not be this way. it is hard to keep up. I am working until at least 65, but am checking thing out now. It is only 5 years away. I cannot imagine myself retired right now. What will I do? I work ALL THE TIME.

Wouldn't singer payer make more sense?

Take out the middlemen with their marketing budgets, CEO pay and need to make a profit.

Trusted Contributor

We have the AARP prescription plan. DH takes lisinopril, levothtyroine, carvedilol, amlodipine, simvstatin and warfarin. His out of pocket costs so far are $36.00. Most of his are at no cost except for the warfarin I believe. I, on the other hand take the generic of diovan and it costs me $115 every 3 months.

Frequent Contributor

I have Aetna PPO and it includes decent drug coverage for $70 a month. In 2015 they have a new HMO plan including drug coverage for a ZERO premium per month. I am choosing that one. I have used Aetna even before I was on Medicare and have always liked it. I also get my gym membership free with the Silver Sneakers plan which is included.
Respected Contributor

You should really go to the sites and put in your list of medications. They will tell you the cost of the Rx etc. and then you can see if that plan is right for you.

I take Celebrex, one plan told me my monthly cost would be $281 for the month, The next plan said 122 and then one said 80. The rest of my meds a®e generic so its either $0 for the month 0r $3.00

My monthly premium for part D is $41.00

And just FYI , you don't have to buy your Part D from the same company you have your supplemental with just found that out

Super Contributor

I volunteer helping people with their medicare A, B, and D and Medigap (Supplement) and Advantage Plans.

The open enrollment period is on now and goes until Dec 7 - if you want to change your Plan D. If you do change it will go into effect on Jan 1, 2015.

You can go to medicare.gov and click on 'find health and drug plans'. Put in your zipcode and then enter the information requested. You will create a list of all of your drugs and their dosages - make note of your drug list ID for future use. Then you can view all of the available part D plans for 2015 listed in order of annual cost with the first plan being the cheapest.

No one else can tell you which plan is good for you. It totally depends on your zipcode and the exact drugs you take.

Super Contributor

I can't do a medicare advantage plan I have a very serious illness so I have regular medicare, part f supplement, and part d drug. I did go to medicare.gov and put all of my meds in. There are only 3 plans that to cover all of my drugs aarp seemed like the best. Thank you all for your help
Honored Contributor

On 10/26/2014 chips said:

Actually, if people would take advantage of all that is out there to LEARN about medicare it is not really all that complicated at all.I do feel those who do not educate themselves about it do get taken advantage of - however, the government makes all the info available to you - has online and in person town hall meetings all across the country etc. You just have to make some effort.

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/26/2014 nightnurse said: I have Aetna PP O and it includes decent drug coverage for $70 a month. In 2015 they have a new HMO plan including drug coverage for a ZERO premium per month. I am choosing that one. I have used Aetna even before I was on Medicare and have always liked it. I also get my gym membership free with the Silver Sneakers plan which is included.

I have Aetna Plan F as my supplement and I'm going to call them to see about a drug plan. Before Warner Bros. dropped all of us retires employees the end of 2013 I had a great drug plan and now all of my prescriptions have doubled in price. I have chronic pain and have prescriptions to fill every month and unfortunately that won't go away. There are some meds that help with the pain I don't have filled because of the cost.

I just had my second cataract surgery today and scanning the Medicare Book isn't going to work for me. I guess I'll be making a lot of phone calls. I don't know how the rest of you feel but going through this every year is getting really tiresome.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam