Super Contributor
Looking for a new part d health plan. If you use aarp are the generics free?? Tia
Super Contributor

Re: O/t. AARP part d drug plan

And would you recommend this plan
Esteemed Contributor

On 10/25/2014 scarlett811 said: And would you recommend this plan

I have Part D through AARP with United Health Care and it depends on the premium you pay. My premium is $32.86 a month which is affordable but I am not happy with the cost of my prescriptions...too high. I get generics and believe me they are not covered at 100%. I suggest you look at other plans as I am now doing, I want out of my current plan. Good luck.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Contributor

I have been very happy with the drug coverage with Humana. If it is available in your area, it might be worth a look. HTH

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/25/2014 elmosmimi said:

I have been very happy with the drug coverage with Humana. If it is available in your area, it might be worth a look. HTH

elmosmimi, thank you, I'll check it out.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Contributor

Hello,

My husband has had AARP Part D & the lowest plan. Still 29.50. We had a hard time even signing up as they were saying he did not have a prior Rx Plan and would have to pay the penalty. However, he has never been without a group plan in his work history. which has been 40+ years. I had to make multiple calls and verification and more calls and finally they sent an O.K. you can have our plan. No, not happy with the communication part. Still my husband has only 1 Rx to be filled and 2 he decided not to fill because of the price. And a 1 month supply (30) of Doxycycline was $148.00.

With Humana you must have your Rx's filled at a WALMART as I understand. We also received a letter last week that many of out Dr's & Hospitals in our area have dropped Humana for 2015. I don't know if we will keep AARP as I have yet to get started in my search for a good fit. Good Luck...

Super Contributor

Thank you all so much. I love my blue cross plan. But the premium has gone from 80 a month to 110. Outrageous. I'll keep looking. Appreciate the help
Respected Contributor

On 10/26/2014 RedLipstick said:

Hello,

My husband has had AARP Part D & the lowest plan. Still 29.50. We had a hard time even signing up as they were saying he did not have a prior Rx Plan and would have to pay the penalty. However, he has never been without a group plan in his work history. which has been 40+ years. I had to make multiple calls and verification and more calls and finally they sent an O.K. you can have our plan. No, not happy with the communication part. Still my husband has only 1 Rx to be filled and 2 he decided not to fill because of the price. And a 1 month supply (30) of Doxycycline was $148.00.

With Humana you must have your Rx's filled at a WALMART as I understand. We also received a letter last week that many of out Dr's & Hospitals in our area have dropped Humana for 2015. I don't know if we will keep AARP as I have yet to get started in my search for a good fit. Good Luck...

Doxycycline has gotten RIDICULOUS. I paid over 200 for it, and the insurance company would only cover $30 (I am with BC.BS, not aarp, not part D.) It used to be really cheap. It is basically tetracylcine and has been around for YEARS. This year, it got nasty expensive. Even the pharmacist couldn't answer why. Many drugstores had a coupon for it to take it down to about $30 but mine didn't and I needed it asap.

Occasional Contributor

I have Humana part D for meds only and pay $44.20/month. Use Right Source mail pharmacy with it. Very happy. No charge for most of my meds. Niaspan co-pay is $114 for 3 months worth. Prescriptions delivered to my home quickly. I highly recommend.

Honored Contributor

I have an AARP advantage plan through United Health Care and part D is included - $0 premium.