Esteemed Contributor

Re: O.k. -- can someone give me some suggestions to lose 10 lbs? Yes, again!

Seems you've got a lot of good advice from everyone.  I'd recommend Nutrisystem for at least 1 month because it takes about 4 to 6 weeks to change a habit.  Nutrisystem will get you used to eating more vegetables and fruits.  You will also get accustomed to portion control which imho is most important.

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme 

Actually it takes 21 days for something to become habit

@eddyandme wrote:

Seems you've got a lot of good advice from everyone.  I'd recommend Nutrisystem for at least 1 month because it takes about 4 to 6 weeks to change a habit.  Nutrisystem will get you used to eating more vegetables and fruits.  You will also get accustomed to portion control which imho is most important.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@eddyandme 

Actually it takes 21 days for something to become habit

@eddyandme wrote:

I'm a slow learner, @I am still oxox !Woman LOL  I'm sure you're right which is good 'cause then only 1 month is needed!  Thanks!!!Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 

It is easy to say cut back on eating; however, if you are sad or depressed or too stressed, that may be difficult.  I know fro the last difficult year I just went through.

To your mid-60's I am mid-70's:  it gets harder to lose weight the older you get for many reasons.

Have ready to eat snacks when you feel the urge to eat:  I have radishes ready to eat.  They have the crunch and color that satisfies ( and antioxidants "red" ).  Other fruits and veggies cut up would also work.

Too, I started to keep a large water bottle so I can see how much water I drank for the day.  Being hydrated is one thing, but it also temporarily fills the stomach so you feel full.  Drink it instead of soda / wine.

These are starter ideas.

While in FL, I started to ride a trike for 35 minutes....the legs started to look better and I feel better.  

When I get home, I will find my Walk at Home cd's to exercise with.  Since I can't get down on the floor, the set I have allows me to stand up for each of the 1,2,3,4 or 5 mile sessions.  

The band that comes with the set really, really works: it tightens and strengthens the core, arms and legs.

Start with 1 mile.  Each "mile" is approximately 15 minutes which includes warm up and cool down.

This may sound like a lot p: it is really simple and works.  Good luck with your efforts, it will be worth it.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 

It is easy to say cut back on eating; however, if you are sad or depressed or too stressed, that may be difficult.  I know fro the last difficult year I just went through.

To your mid-60's I am mid-70's:  it gets harder to lose weight the older you get for many reasons.

Have ready to eat snacks when you feel the urge to eat:  I have radishes ready to eat.  They have the crunch and color that satisfies ( and antioxidants "red" ).  Other fruits and veggies cut up would also work.

Too, I started to keep a large water bottle so I can see how much water I drank for the day.  Being hydrated is one thing, but it also temporarily fills the stomach so you feel full.  Drink it instead of soda / wine.

These are starter ideas.

While in FL, I started to ride a trike for 35 minutes....the legs started to look better and I feel better.  

When I get home, I will find my Walk at Home cd's to exercise with.  Since I can't get down on the floor, the set I have allows me to stand up for each of the 1,2,3,4 or 5 mile sessions.  

The band that comes with the set really, really works: it tightens and strengthens the core, arms and legs.

Start with 1 mile.  Each "mile" is approximately 15 minutes which includes warm up and cool down.

This may sound like a lot: it is really simple and works.  Good luck with your efforts, it will be worth it.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Trusted Contributor

There is a saying I heard many years ago. " If your hungry anything sounds good to eat. If it's one certain food that you want it's a craving ." Once you learn the difference then it makes it easier to make better food choices.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you can build muscle then that will burn calories. Build muscle by lifting weights or with resistance bands. The place where fat is burned is in our muscles...that's the bottom line. After you build muscle then just sitting will burn more energy than if you cut out that extra piece of food. You will also experience getting to fit into a smaller size of clothing even though your scales may not indicate that. Muscles weigh more than fat and muscles take up less space inside your clothes.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AngelPuppy1 

What works for me. I do not eat "meals", I "graze" throughout the day. Little more than "snacking", but only foods that supply the things my body needs to function, and at my active levels. Never feel full or "stuffed" and most of my foods are in a natural, or semi-natural state when I eat them.

As you know, I will be 81 in a couple months/have had 2 back surgeries to remove 3 ruptured discs. Then there are my many "health issues", primarily my heart/lungs and colon. 

This my surprise you, but, "doing physical exercise is difficult for everyone", especially those that have "issues"! There have been many times that I have been immobile and  found that there are many physical exercises that can be done if one wants to "do something physical", that involves movement of parts of one's body.

Your 10# is not what most would think is "a lot of weight" to lose. Consistency with what you eat, and how much/with some form of physical movement, and mainly lots of "patience and optimism". 

'Bout the best I have to suggest. "Where there's a will, there's a way".

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Simple solution is eat less...move more.

You have to want to do it and it may be a lifestyle change.  There are no tricks and no short cuts.

@CrazyDaisy    Easy to say but when you have disabilities and are in pain, moving, especially more, may be difficult if not impossible.  I'm sure that's part of the OP's problem.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Simple solution is eat less...move more.

You have to want to do it and it may be a lifestyle change.  There are no tricks and no short cuts.

@CrazyDaisy    Easy to say but when you have disabilities and are in pain, moving, especially more, may be difficult if not impossible.  I'm sure that's part of the OP's problem.

Then logic would say that the eating less piece is even more important.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.