Trusted Contributor

Re: O.k. - Yet Another Weight Gain Posting --- heavy sigh!!!

@AngelPuppy1  You are being way too hard on yourself. We are allowed to let go once in a while & this year has been way too hard for everyone whether we were personally affected by the pandemic or not.

Maybe you should just try & reverse course little by little. See a nutritionist/practitioner who can help you with what you can & can't do since you mentioned health challenges. Start moving/excercizing & get back into a rhythm, the pounds will come off. 

the one thing I did when the pandemic started was snack all the time. I realized it a month in & decided to stay away from the kitchen. A habit of mine is to munch on something anytime I am by my pantry. Put a stop to it & joined an online excercize challenge. I am on my second challenge now. I was doing it more to keep my mind occupied & relieve the stress & isolation of WFH. I make sure I have plenty of left overs, so I don't binge on unhealthy snacks. Picked up on my love for gardening, all to keep myself busy.

We all deal with stress differently, find your happy medium. Good luck & take it easy!

Honored Contributor

@hopi 

I love celery -- could it just eat it instead?  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

Yeah, that's for sure!  I was just picturing that in my mind --- that's a scary picture for sure!  I used to rock a bikini in the old days and I'm sure you probably did, too!  Bikini days are over!  You gave me a laugh!  Thanks for that! 

Honored Contributor

@Lali1 

No worries!  Thanks for your post!!!  Humor is always a good approach!  

Honored Contributor

@hckynut 

I am most appreciative of your words and the honest way you speak and approach things.  I think that a person has to be aware of it, own it and take accountability for it --- no matter what the issue is.  If not, then nothing can be done.  Yes, so very true.  We cannot discount anyone's methods just because these may be things which we, ourselves, may not choose.  Thank you for your post and my best to you as well!

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

I think as long as a person is comfortable with where they are, then that is fine!  I'm just not comfortable or happy, so that is my problem.  I either have to learn to love it or take action and resolve it!  Thank you for your post!!! 

Esteemed Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 

Then you will love the juice.

Have your juice first thing in the morning.

Try it you will like it.

Then you can eat all the celery you want.

Honored Contributor

@FLGators 

I know I have let if go!  I am unhappy now being unable to do a lot of things but then again this is a problem most people are having.  I keep saying --- it will end soon, it will end soon.  Thank you for your post! 

Contributor

I was 55 when I went to an ENT doctor in early February and weighed the most I've ever weighed.  I knew I had been putting on weight, but was in denial.  Seeing that unfamiliar number on the scale was the tipping point for me.

I worked with a man who went on Whole 30 and lost 30 pounds from late 2018 into 2019.  He still maintains the diet most of the time.  I quizzed him often about what he could and could not eat.  It took me a year to get used to the idea of trying it.  Then I found out a local female newscaster went on Whole 30 to lose the last of her baby weight.  I decided to try it starting March 1, although I began taking baby steps in mid-February.  I ordered the book from Amazon and read the Whole 30 website.  It made sense to me.  I figured I could try it for 30 days.

The first thing I did was give up the sweetener (stevia) for my iced tea.  I thought it would be incredibly hard, but it was just the opposite.  It only took a few days to adjust.  Once I got used to unsweetened tea, my sugar cravings decreased dramatically.  I lost about 6 pounds and improved my eating habits (which weren't terrible to begin with).

I have been WFH since mid-March during the pandemic.  At the beginning of July I caught a stomach bug.  I am rarely sick, so this was puzzling.  My doctor actually ordered a Covid test, as she wanted to rule it out.  I had a lot of symptoms of gastro Covid, but never any fever or vomiting.  Thank goodness the test was negative.  It took about a month to feel "normal" again.  During this time food didn't taste good to me.  I could taste it and smell it, but nothing "hit the spot."  I also could not eat my normal quantities (which, in hindsight, were too large).  This resulted in another 8-9 pounds lost.  My clothes are looser and I feel better.  I am determined to keep the weight off!

One thing I highly recommend is a good breakfast.  I eat two hard-boiled eggs every morning and a good-size serving of fresh mixed berries.  I also have a piece of whole grain toast -- the more seeds and grains, the better.  I also drink a huge Yeti cup of water with lemon and a splash of pure cranberry juice.  This breakfast keeps me going for HOURS.

I hope everyone finds the best solution for their situations.  One day at a time!

Honored Contributor

@AbbeyPenny 

Sorry to hear you got ill but thankfully it was not the virus!  It sounds like you are on your way with your plan. Wishing you much success!