Trusted Contributor

Re: Nutrisystem sales tactic... eat what you eat now and lose weight.

I think the program is successful in sales because most people don't want to sit down and plan a menu that is good to eat, less calories and lots of portion control or put together and cook they feel it is too much work so don't complain when the program you are buying doesn't taste all the great and hard to stay on, plus expensive and then add to that all the fresh food you have to buy for the program. If you look at the size of their containers that is all you should have of any food you are eating. Treat yourself once in awhile with something you absolutely love but avoid bread, cookies, pies, cakes and candy and drink lots of water plain or flavored. We eat lots of fresh fruit for the sweet tooth we all have. This is the way we eat everyday and we don't feel we are dieting its a way of life and very healthy.

Honored Contributor

Divine, I appreciate your posting this. The last time I checked, the sodium levels were high, but of course "high" is a relative term, and if they've made an effort to lower them, even better.
Respected Contributor

Whatever. Some people want to lose some weight but they aren't interested in re-vamping their whole relationship with food. And it is possible for a person to lose weight and maintain it on food replacement programs like Nutrisystem and Jenny Craig. If you remain on those programs for life. Some people do that! The "faux foods" help them to do that. They are reducing their calories, fat, salt and carbs and all food replacement programs insist that the packaged foods be reinforced with fruits and veggies. I suppose Nutrisystem gets the credit for the weight I did not gain in 2014. I started the program around this time last year, my goal was to lose 40lbs. That did not happen but I don't blame Nutrisystem. I know my body well enough to know that I must get in an hour of exersize 5 days a week to lose weight. With my pain syndrome, I just couldn't get much exersize in. None really. I do believe that if I had NOT included the Nutrisystem foods in my diet, I would have gained a significant amount of weight in 2014. I tried going the whole program but the food really isn't very good. I knew I couldn't keep it up for a year. So, I went with the shakes twice a day for snacks (they are good) and I went with the Lunch/snack option. I didn't lose 40lbs but I didn't gain 40lbs either! I lost 11 pounds. So, I consider my year of Nutrisystem to be quite successful.

Respected Contributor

I tried it & yuck, the food tastes nasty. I thought the snacks were pretty good at first, but then there was an after-taste later. You'll notice, too, that they present all the dishes on top of piles of no & low-cal veggies, such as lettuce. I suppose the trick is to make it look like more than it really is.

The only thing good about this program is that it does teach portion control. I found that I could do that myself with some discipline, such as using smaller serving plate/bowl, putting leftovers away immediately, etc.

It's just like anything else, though, in that it works for some people & not for others.

Contributor

I wouldn't feed NS to a DOG!!!! You would be much better off going to Jenny Craig. If you don't want to spend the money for their program, then go to Weight Watchers. What a thing to say about NS and QVC - - if you don't like it you get your money back!! This is part of the reason we are paying higher costs for people that pull stuff like that. If you don't think you want to pay to try it, then don't do it!! I guess you would go into a restaurant for a meal, eat most of it and send the rest back for a refund. Bad gal!!!

Contributor

I wouldn't feed NS to a DOG!!!! You would be much better off going to Jenny Craig. If you don't want to spend the money for their program, then go to Weight Watchers. What a thing to say about NS and QVC - - if you don't like it you get your money back!! This is part of the reason we are paying higher costs for people that pull stuff like that. If you don't think you want to pay to try it, then don't do it!! I guess you would go into a restaurant for a meal, eat most of it and send the rest back for a refund. Bad gal!!!

Honored Contributor

Had a colleague who went on NS and brought the awful-looking food to the lunch room.....I couldn't stand to look at it let alone watch her try and eat it. She bailed out pretty quick due to the taste.
Trusted Contributor

On 1/13/2015 slimjudi said:

With all due respect, QVC's normal return policy for ALL of it's products, clothing, equipment, EVERYTHING, is 30 days trial - no questions asked. Nobody is "pulling" anything on anybody, and it was very disrespectful for you to put it that way. How else are you supposed to know if you like it or it works - you try it. And if it doesn't work or you don't like it, you send it back and get your money back, just like you would if a piece of clothing didn't fit or you didn't like it. You make it sound like we are looking for a free ride - no, we are paying to try it, and paying to return it, if necessary. Dieting is difficult, no matter what program you are on. Not all diets work for everyone, there's no guarantees in life for anothing, so how about cutting us some slack?
Contributor

I was only sending this to you lizzief because of your comment. The NS food does go back if you don't like it. Just don't like the thought of other foods that are ordered on QVC not going back!! Many people try it, like it and do not have to return it. That way they get their cake and eat it also. Please don't say about me cutting us some slack!! This had nothing to do with the other gals. I know QVC return policy and have even had to send back a blouse that had been worn by someone. These are the people that I am referring to. Just because a company has a return policy doesn't mean that things such as these are acceptable.

Valued Contributor

Someone I know IRL has just started the NS plan. This person only would like to lose about 20lbs. But, IMO, it does not teach one to eat well normally. However, it IS working for them in the losing department.