Occasional Contributor

Nutri System , anyone ?

[ Edited ]

I have just got my 30 days Nutri system , I sampled some snacks and they were pretty tasty . I can't wait to start my Fast Five tomorrow.

anyone who are doing this ? please come and share your thought . Hopefullly with the help from Nutri System and being more active, we will be healthier, younger and prettier ....let's cheer for that !!!

Honored Contributor

I'm not doing this, but I wish you a successful journey.  

Honored Contributor

I did nutrisystem about this time last year, in fact I ordered it twice. I  didn't care for the food and I thought there were too many bars. The good news is that I went down several sizes, and

started walking again. The system did teach me portion control, and I now measure pasta

portions, and food in general. It was just the kick in the pants I needed to get started. Also

Walmart carries i week cartons of nutrisystem, so if I need a tune up I just get that, and I'm

back on track. Best of luck to you, just follow the program and you will see results., just don't

expect yummy food., but that's not really the point.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Occasional Contributor

Re: Nutri System , anyone ?

[ Edited ]

thank you GRC18 Smiley Happy

indoor kitty : thank you for sharing . several years ago I tried some NS  prezzels from my coworker and it tasted like cardboard .  I placed my order then called to cancel but the box  still arrived this morning , my mistake ! I was pretty mad but I was like , just tried them to see ....to my surprise, it was not that bad .  yes I know this is helping to portion control and a kick into weight loss but we all have to maintain the healhty eating habit , and keep moving . Smiley Happy

i am posting a specific time and what I will eat everyday at my computer and report to my food police ( my food journal ) and drinking tons of water....i will try my best and if it is not working , then time to go to see doctor ( loll)

Respected Contributor

I was diagnosed with Type Ii Diabetes last January. On my own, I lost 50lbs and my A1C is in a normal range. I love to cook, and I love great fresh food BUT, I ordered the Nutrisystem D: I love the little luxury of not having to plan anything more than choosing a Power fuel and a Smart Carb. So far, I am loving the snacks: regular grocery store "junk" food was strictly off limits. Nutrisystem makes "junky"  type snacks that are low in sodium, and have fiber and protein: no complaints from me! I am using it a little differently: I lost the weight I needed to, and I have learned portion control....I do love the luxury of "heat and eat" without weighing and measuring three meals and snacks. Did you order any of the frozen entrees? I think I might try a few on my next order.

Poodlepet2

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Poodlepet2,  first , congrats on your weight loss and your A1c level is in control , that is wonderful !!!

well today is my first day to start the FAST FIVE ,the first 5 bls lost will be great to me bc no matter what I do, I am keep gaining weight ....

well I went to Nutry system website and called and they gave me a pretty good deal on a 30 days supply too and it has to be a 2 month suppy buying commitment .  I guess you can always negotiate with them on the phone though .

anyway, so far the food was ok to me , not the best but I can handle that . in terms of frozen food, no I dont think I will order them bc not enough storage place for them Smiley Happy in the fridge Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Hi again! I didn't order the frozen entrees for the same reason: not enough room! So far, I like everything I've had, but I have had time to get used to no salt and very limited fat. A year ago, I would have turned my nose up at the ham and bean soup, but it didn't taste bad at all. In my log book, I put "smiley" emotis by things I like, and frownies by things that don't hack it. This morning I had Nutriflakes which tasted great- but my blood sugar plummeted down: I thought for sure that would happen with the oatmeal, but that keeps me full for a couple of hours. I am not a huge pretzel fan, but I will try them out today: pretzels dipped in a little Dijon mustard sounds good!

Poodlepet2

Frequent Contributor

Been on the Weekends Off program for over a year.  I've lost 25 lbs which is a good amount for me because I'm mostly sedentary. I've decided to stay on the plan because it's so much easier for me to heat and eat.  I only have to buy vegetables and fruit at the super market.  There are some  foods that I'm not too crazy about but I eat them.  It's also a  way to have food on hand in case of weather problems and power outages.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got mine today.  I need to lose 7 pounds.  I knew it would be delivered in late afternoon, so I tried not to eat too much.  I had mostly white scrambled eggs with low-fat cheese and coffee, then tuna with low-fat mayo and lettuce, with some 1% milk while waiting.  I was practically eating my arm off and swearing a blue streak while I worked because I was hungry. 

I ripped open the package and ate the fudge graham bar immediately, which was DELICIOUS, followed by the chocolate chip granola bar and then the blueberry muffin with a big cup of hot tea.  This was about three hours ago and only 500 calories total and I am still full!  These are not your usual bars and muffins, people!  The protein and fiber content keeps you from feeling that horrible carb rush, then crash, then hunger. 

So I started the Fast Five today, though I probably had a bit more calories than allowed, but still good.  Normally I would be hungry again if I ate regular bars/muffins, but I don't think I'll feel like eating again today.  The muffin was small but dense and, again, it had a lot of protein and fiber, not at all like a regular blueberry muffin.

So far, I am very impressed with Nutrisystem!

Respected Contributor

Me.X, you bring up a most excellent point: how do we feel after eating the meal? It's not the same for all people.....but I can't wait to try a muffin! It looks delicious!

Poodlepet2