Esteemed Contributor

Re: Nurses on the Front Line battling Covid

May God help them all🙏🙏🙏

Esteemed Contributor

I'm sorry you lost your mom to this horrid virus.  Treasure your memories of her.

I wish everyone took this virus seriously.  Thanks for your post.  I live in a state where some of the decision-makers call it a hoax and don't support wearing masks or distancing.  So many people are sick and have died - and more will die in coming months.  Our hospitals are over-flowing.  I know if everyone would have followed the rules from the beginning, some people would still be alive.  I especially worry about the doctors, nurses, and medical workers.  The most needed people here are not getting the support they need. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

For many reasons, I am sure they can't go public.  But I do wonder if some really graphic, straight talk would wake folks up.  

Ever been waiting with someone in the ER for a broken ankle to be reduced?   That is wake you up!

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes 

I don't view most of this post as a "vent". Letting people know what some medical information about front line nurses and doctors. Some parts of this I will not comment.

At the hospital where I lived a lot from 2002-2016, there was 1 of the front line nurses that died of it last week. She was in her '50's.

From my many weeks in ICU's and Post ICU, it became over easy to come to greatly respect all the nurses I had taking care of me.

To me your post focuses on nurses and I am going to leave it at that.

Thank you to all nurses,

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

I know there there has been some talk that having 15M people infected is a good thing.  I guess it is called herd immunity.

No, just no.  Look what all these infections have done to our medical people and to the 300,000 who have died.  It would take 2M lives to get herd immunity.  That is immoral.

Many lives have been lost for no reason at all.  Stay home.  Keep everyone safe.

Honored Contributor

Please don't forget the IT and Network personnel that is fixing, installing and moving computers & related hardware every day in the Hospital.  They actually go into some of these rooms (with PPE) and keep the electronics moving along, which is vital.  My youngest son is a Network Engineer and has had to self-isolate twice so he doesn't accidently pass something along.  Thankfully he's been fine.  We also pray every day. ..... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

Thank you all for your positive responses and condolences for my mom. I just wish people would realize that this is no a hoax and come together to end this nightmare.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We have children in the medical field.  DIL is a nurse who was working with COVID positive patients but she’s currently expecting so when presented with an opportunity to go to another floor she took it. She’ll return after the baby arrives.  DS is a radiography tech so he also risks being exposed multiple times on a daily basis.  Both have been careful to suit up and follow protocols.  So far, so good - neither have contracted the virus.