Honored Contributor

Re: Now Cataracts..... At 62....

@highmaintenancejan wrote:

Are there two @SeaMaiden's ???  I know a @SeaMaiden who had cataract surgery when I had mine done last January 2018. ??????

I know - in one post ( the OP) she's saying it will be done in Sept. and then she's talking about it already being over with. HUH?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@151949 wrote:

Are there two @SeaMaiden's ???  I know a @SeaMaiden who had cataract surgery when I had mine done last January 2018. ??????

I know - in one post ( the OP) she's saying it will be done in Sept. and then she's talking about it already being over with. HUH?

@151949 I had my surgeries.... one eye  in December 2017....and the other eye in January 2018.  I was told I had cataracts in about August of 2017....I had to wait 4 months with no hard contacts in my eyes before they could get an accurate measure of my vision.  When I started the thread...I had no idea I would have to wait 4 months to have my surgeries!  That is why a I said September ...when posted the first  post.   I thought they would do it right away....but no.

do-not make more out of this than there is. Read the entire thread before coming down on me. 

Honored Contributor

I did not realize this was the reincarnation of a year old thread.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@151949 Yes....another poster asked a question on it and brought it up.  Isn’t that OK?  the information could help someone else. It is relevant info.  No worry. 

Honored Contributor

Well, had someone mentioned something like "Sorry to reincarnate an old post but ..." Otherwise it does get confusing.

Esteemed Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@highmaintenancejan @151949  If you are reading Pages 6 and 7 of a thread, chances are good there is a lot more information prior to what you just read. Why didn't you scan the first pages, rather than appear foolish with such snarky questions? 

This post has been up for all to see a couple of days. Why pick on @SeaMaiden today? She's trying to answer legitimate questions. Please be kind. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

I have the beginnings of cataracts ,and I have learned a lot from this thread. I always thought I would get the expensive lenses, but ,now I am not so sure

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I have the beginnings of cataracts ,and I have learned a lot from this thread. I always thought I would get the expensive lenses, but ,now I am not so sure

My DH wasn't able to have the lenses that would completely correct his vision without glasses, but he is thrilled anyway at  the results of his cataract surgery. He has worn glasses his entire life so it doesn't bother him to be still wearing them.

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

My cataracts are only 10% and around the rim of my iris so the doctor said he doubts I'll ever need them removed. It took 10 years for them to grow from 5% to 10%. 

Something people don't know is that getting steroid injections for ortho injuries or arthritis or back issues is like feeding miracle grow to your cataracts - makes them grow crazy fast.

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@151949 Yes....another poster asked a question on it and brought it up.  Isn’t that OK?  the information could help someone else. It is relevant info.  No worry. 

Actually bumping up old threads is against the standards,