Respected Contributor

Re: Nothing by mouth or just clear liquids ....

@151949  You need to get a new health care system, even if you have to drive farther.

Valued Contributor

Re: Nothing by mouth or just clear liquids ....'

thanks @cherry..valuable info to have..

Respected Contributor

MaizeandBlue, our healthcare systems are no better or worse than anywhere else. 

In fact, they may even be a little better because we have two distinct populations: those who live here year round, and those who winter here-and they are not taken for granted.  Healthcare facilities know they have competition and people have choices.  Its in their best interest obviously, for people to want to stay here.

The bottom line is, we all have to be our own advocates: if something isn't sitting right with us, we need to speak up.

Questions should have been asked from the beginning-and if they weren't, you pick up the phone and call.

I want to close the door on this topic, but I hate for people to get the idea that SW Florida is the Wild West where anything goes and it's backward-and I feel that is thoughtlessly being conveyed in many posts.

Poodlepet2

Esteemed Contributor

I know that you said you would like to close it but would like to say that Florida is a great state and a great place to live.  

One person's opinion does not define the whole state, nor the whole area where they live.  

One opinion is one opinion.  

I just had a procedure done yesterday and it could not have been handled any more professionally.  They have called me twice today as a followup.  What more can you ask?  OK, I"ll hush!

Respected Contributor

I see that Lee Memorial/HealthPark rank highest in the Fort Myers area.

Honored Contributor

Well, the horror and chaos of dogs-in-public-places has long been hashed to death over many months and many threads, so can't start one of those again. Time for another generic "someone doesn't know what they're doing" thread.  It never ceases to amaze me that a retired RN who worked in ICU has so many continuing medical issues and often seems to lack medical knowledge that many others have.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

Sad that she doesn't realize that most of this board feel the same way you do and know the posts are for attention.

Like the gullible people who think a gated community is safer.  It is reallyl

Gates and Locks keep the honest people honest!

Respected Contributor

I can't say enough good about Lee Memmorial Cape Coral Division: they saved my life-and they had THE best, most intelligent caring nurses anybody would ever want.

I had to go there on an emergency basis: for elective procedures, I would go there again or Sarasota Memmorial.

Poodlepet2

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate.

Valued Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

Seriously, how does she get away with calling someone an idiot.   

SMH

same way she got away with calling my post out to mods and having it removed as inapprpriate. I said nothing at all against any rules. I was discussing how appointments are made and what questions should have been asked before scheduling an appt that required fasting for 2 days. Yet, she had it removed.