Honored Contributor

@ECBG  Thank you sweet girl but I'm sure they'll be over it by then.

If they aren't my friend down the street has asked me to come to his house.

He's the one that supplies me with tomatoes all summer.  He also fixes everything in my house.

He and I are about to put a new dead bolt lock on the garage door going into the house.  He does it an I watch and assist.

Trusted Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  It is a very common virus, very contagious. A lot of nause vomiting, diarrhea, it ususally passes within about 48 hours.  Frequent outbreaks in schools and cruise ships.

Honored Contributor

I have 2 sisters and (now) 3 nieces who are Rn's.  I know how easily it is transmitted, etc.

I've always been a germ-a-phobe...I have IGG, that means my body doesn't have much immunity.

When I get sick, it takes a lot for me to get better.  I am way overdo for infussions.

Honored Contributor

Yes, it's 12 - 48 hours but it's 12-48 hours of being wickedly sick with nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain and sometimes even fever.  It's transmitted person to person and by exposure to food or eating utensils that an infected person contaminated.   Hand washing, washing fruits and vegetables, washing hand after we use the bathroom.  Of course anyone who has it or thinks they have it should stay home from work or school and disinfect contaminated areas with a bleach and water solution.  

Honored Contributor

I've never had it that I'm aware of but just recently became aware that it got it's name from a city near me.   

Super Contributor

Yes, it is going around the schools. It seems to last 1 to 2 days.  I keep hands clean,  wipe everything and open windows to air out the germs.  If you think about it, all those closed spaces with all those germs in the air. 

Esteemed Contributor

It was in the news this morning that all schools in Albany, Oregon are closed until 12/2.  

Hope it doesn't spread north to here.  

Respected Contributor

i've had it 2x in the last 20 yrs.  before that it had been 30 years.  it's horrible. besides the double-ended distress,   it feels like a Mack truck is driving through your guts.  

the virus is shed in the stool for up to to weeks. stay out of work for at least 3 days after symptoms subside.   good bathroom habits are essential (wash wash wash hands!). 

i'm certain the recent two were from eating restaurant food. the only thing that kills it is chlorine bleach.

Honored Contributor

HAND SANITIZER DOES NOT KILL NOROVIRUS. WASH YOUR HANDS AND DRY WITH DISPOSABLE PAPER TOWELS. If someone is sick with it in your house, buy and wear disable gloves to clean messes.FECA66AE-010C-4935-8CE2-184269C7EC80.jpeg