Respected Contributor

Re: No side effects from J&J

My adult niece got the J & J and she had unpleasant side effects for a couple days after getting the shot.   My adult daughter is getting the J & J this coming Monday but I didn’t tell her about my niece’s side effects.  No use worrying her needlessly. 

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

That is wonderful!

My husband was sicker than a dog for 2 days.  Chills, shaking, aches, nausea.

In fact, no one in my family has done well with any of the vac.

Sis had Pfizer and was  sick from the first one.  Fever, and ALL the side effects you can imagine.  She was in bed for 2 days.

2nd dose, even sicker!  Really high fever and in bed for a week with all the side effects again.

My son got Pfizer..#1 sore arm.  #2?  Sicker than a dog an in bed for 2 days.

NOW...all of them had Vid in Nov & Dec.  I wonder if their bad reaction is because they already had the virus.

@RespectLife @The response your husband had usually means that his immune system is doing its job responding to the vaccine. He's probably loaded with antibodies, which is a good thing. Same with your son. Yes, their reactions were probably affected by their immune systems' prior exposures to COVID.

"One of the studies also compared the frequency of adverse reactions after the first dose of either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine in 231 people who had either previously tested positive for SARS-CoV-2, or never been exposed to it. It found that symptoms such as pain or swelling at the injection site were similar in both groups of patients, but whole-body reactions, such as fatigue, headache, chills, fever, and muscle or joint pains, were more frequently reported by those who had recovered from COVID-19.

This fits with data from the ZOE COVID Symptom Study, which encourages participants to log their daily symptoms via a smartphone app, and has more than four million contributors globally. It found that people who have had a previous COVID-19 infection were almost twice as likely to experience one or more mild, whole-body reactions from a dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, compared to those who hadn't previously tested positive." Quoted from GAVI, the Vaccine Alliance website. 

Super Contributor

Got the Johnson March 8 and had NO problems.  Better than flu, pneumonia or Shingles 

shots, which I have suffered and had problems with.  🤷🏻‍♀️

In NJ at a CVS in a Target.

Honored Contributor

Teacher daughters boyfriend got the J & J vaccine at work yesterday.  He had a temperature by bedtime, as well as chills, which has lasted thru today.   

Daughter is going by to check on him, take him some juice, cook supper, and most likely listen to him whine about how bad he felt, and how he will never take another shot...........

Frequent Contributor

I received the J&J tuesday, i was the only one there, only  three employees, filled out my forms, received my shot and went to grocery store and out to eat. No after effects and feel very good today. I cried because i was to grateful and happy to get the shot. Will be glad to see some family members in two weeks.

Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

Daughter is going by to check on him, take him some juice, cook supper, and most likely listen to him whine about how bad he felt, and how he will never take another shot...........

283917.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@RedTop wrote:

Good thing he got the one and done shot, LOL !!!                                      283917.gif

Frequent Contributor

I got the J&J vaccine on Saturday around 1:30 and felt fine until around midnight when I got body chills for about an hour.  Easter Sunday I had a slight fever and was very fatigued.  No black and blue or arm soreness.

It felt good to finally get the vaccine after trying for days to book an online appointment.

Honored Contributor

I would never choose the J&J vaccine. I'd rather have 95% protection vs. 74% which J&J has. 

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I would never choose the J&J vaccine. I'd rather have 95% protection vs. 74% which J&J has. 

Thought we have been told not to pick and choose .....just get vaccinated. 

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.