Trusted Contributor

Nice Service Walmart Pharmacy Offered

I called to refill 2 prescriptions - 90-day supply each.  The pharmacist said she can mail them to me and I should have them in a couple of days - that way I don't have to go inside the store.  No extra charge.

Ordered them on Monday and today is Wednesday and I already have them.  How nice!

Is this something Walmart always offers or is it only due the situation we're in now?

Honored Contributor

Re: Nice Service Walmart Pharmacy Offered

Many places are restricting the number of customers who can be in the store.  By eliminating pharmacy customers, they can add a paying grocery customer.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@BunSnoop wrote:

I called to refill 2 prescriptions - 90-day supply each.  The pharmacist said she can mail them to me and I should have them in a couple of days - that way I don't have to go inside the store.  No extra charge.

Ordered them on Monday and today is Wednesday and I already have them.  How nice!

Is this something Walmart always offers or is it only due the situation we're in now?

I live in NV and Raleys is offering curb side serviceSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Many pharmacies in New York State are offering this service,  Gov. Cuomo requested it and the members of the Community Pharmacy Association of NYS agreed.

Trusted Contributor

My the uncle gets his meds from Walmart. They have always mailed them to him free of charge. 

From Wal-Mart:

Wal-Mart Pharmacy Home Delivery:

Learn about convenient prescription delivery to your home and office. Get convenient prescription delivery to your home or office, with free standard shipping on all orders with our mail order pharmacy.

To get your next refills delivered to your home, download app Mail Order Form & mail it in with your paper prescription. Or call (edited out 800 number).

Delivery methods & rates listed below are subject to change. Estimated delivery time is a sum of processing time (1-2 business days on average) plus shipping time. Various shipping policies & exceptions may also apply to your order, depending on the items ordered.

• Standard Delivery (5-7 business days) - Free

Home delivery of medications is available to all our customers. It is particularly convenient & cost-effective for:  

• Patients who are prescribed maintenance medications
  • Patients who receive 90-day supplies of a prescription
  • Self-pay customers
Honored Contributor

@BunSnoop 

I received a text message today about this service. Very convenient. 

The primary pharmacy I use offers free delivery.