Regular Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: New warnings about vitamin D

I have nothing to worry about a-fib.....I take a Rx strength and I can't get my number higher than a 22. That creates other problems though.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Super Contributor

Wow, surprising and very interesting information.

The last time I had my bloodwork done I was low in Vitamin D. My doctor (actually a nurse called me and relayed the bloodwork results) said to take Calcium supplements with D, she specifically told me to take Caltrate with D supplements. So that's what I take, 2 a day.

A lot of people don't often think of vitamins as being helpful or harmful to your health, but it's so true, too much or too little of a vitamin can really make you very ill.

Honored Contributor

This is a really old thread--was started in 2011. There are probably newer studies now. My doctor told me to take Vitamin D.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Wow....this is an OLD thread.

There is a troll bumping up old threads on Viewpoints too.

Apparently, someone is bored.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Respected Contributor

Another old thread from 2011 resurrected.

Honored Contributor

dup

Honored Contributor

On 11/16/2011 imaclotheshog said:

holy cow you can't win.

my Vit. D level was very low last time I had my bloodwork done, well below normal range. I was told to take supplements, Citracal with D, 2 tabs a day.

I trust that is ok, now I am worried and will have to ask my dr. about this report, I have history of heart disease on both sides of my family.

OMGosh Amp...you can't win. I know I'm low on Vitamin D so take a supplement and citracal or caltrate plus d daily. It's one thing or another. ugh

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Super Contributor

On 1/21/2015 Lotus~ said:

Wow....this is an OLD thread.

There is a troll bumping up old threads on Viewpoints too.

Apparently, someone is bored.

{#emotions_dlg.lol} Funny! I guess I posted on this at least twice.

Super Contributor

On 1/21/2015 winamac1 said:
On 11/16/2011 imaclotheshog said:

holy cow you can't win.

my Vit. D level was very low last time I had my bloodwork done, well below normal range. I was told to take supplements, Citracal with D, 2 tabs a day.

I trust that is ok, now I am worried and will have to ask my dr. about this report, I have history of heart disease on both sides of my family.

OMGosh Amp...you can't win. I know I'm low on Vitamin D so take a supplement and citracal or caltrate plus d daily. It's one thing or another. ugh

{#emotions_dlg.lol} I know Win. I'm always low. I have trouble with absorption. It's always something right?! I have to take B12 also. This is an old thread. I paid no attention to the dates! lol I guess it's an oldie but a goodie huh? lol

Hope you are having a great day! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}