Respected Contributor

Re: New to Medicare question

@Nicknack wrote:

Like others I'll bet it was the Physician's Assistant and not the Pharmacist that you will see.  Was it your doctor's office who told you this or the Medicare Advantage plan?  I have a Medicare Advantage plan and see my doctor each time.

@NickNack - I called to schedule my first visit on my Advantage plan - at first she said I couldn't see my dr for the wellness visit, that it would be the "pharmacist" - I said "a pharmacist".  She said yes.  Then she came back and said I could see my dr the first time, then the pharmacist - maybe she meant PA - she sounded pretty confused.

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

@Nicknack wrote:

Like others I'll bet it was the Physician's Assistant and not the Pharmacist that you will see.  Was it your doctor's office who told you this or the Medicare Advantage plan?  I have a Medicare Advantage plan and see my doctor each time.

@NickNack - I called to schedule my first visit on my Advantage plan - at first she said I couldn't see my dr for the wellness visit, that it would be the "pharmacist" - I said "a pharmacist".  She said yes.  Then she came back and said I could see my dr the first time, then the pharmacist - maybe she meant PA - she sounded pretty confused.

I would call someone and ask the questions needed to make this clear. For some reason I get the feeling whomever you talked to may have confused pharmacist with physican's assistant?  I would want to make sure I understand 100%..... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

OR the Nurse Practitionist!

Honored Contributor

@Q4u, I had a similar emergency in January except no pain down the arm.  The ER doctor said it was torticulus something or another...neck spasms.  Extreme pain that brought me to tears and came every two minutes or so.  Hope you're ok now.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

@Q4u, I had a similar emergency in January except no pain down the arm.  The ER doctor said it was torticulus something or another...neck spasms.  Extreme pain that brought me to tears and came every two minutes or so.  Hope you're ok now.

I hope you're ok too.... my neck problem is a result of a serious fall down my stairs in 2010 that resulted in a concussion and 3 brain bleeds... I'm SO grateful to be here.  But two of the residual problems have been my balance (slightly, not bad) and a neck nerve issue.   

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Q4u wrote:

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

I hope you're ok too.... my neck problem is a result of a serious fall down my stairs in 2010 that resulted in a concussion and 3 brain bleeds... I'm SO grateful to be here.  But two of the residual problems have been my balance (slightly, not bad) and a neck nerve issue.   

Oh, dear.  Very serious, @Q4u!  I hope there is no dizziness with that.  More and more I'm learning that the whole body is connected.  A pain in one place can affect another place.  Be blessed.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)