Honored Contributor

Re: New study. Hospitalized coronavirus patients taking aspirin have a lower death risk

@SilleeMee wrote:

You guys are so kind! Heart @pitdakota  @FlyersGirl @Kachina624 

Thank you so much for your encouraging words. They really mean a lot to me.

The good news is the human body is very resourceful when it comes to cleaning up blood clots and restoring circulation. Plasmin will get activated and clean up the clots and new blood vessels (angiogenesis) will occur restoring circulation. Your scan in January should be good.

If you're taking a plasmin inhibitor like Amicar (aminocapruic acid) or an antiangiogenesis drug (Avastin or one of the fourteen in common use) things could be a bit less certain, but barring those two events your body should have cleaned up the micro-clots and restored full circulation by January. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: New study. Hospitalized coronavirus patients taking aspirin have a lower death risk

@Mindy D   Thankyou for the excellent explanation and correcting my misconstrued understanding.  Very helpful!🙂

Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

The good news is the human body is very resourceful when it comes to cleaning up blood clots and restoring circulation. Plasmin will get activated and clean up the clots and new blood vessels (angiogenesis) will occur restoring circulation. Your scan in January should be good.

If you're taking a plasmin inhibitor like Amicar (aminocapruic acid) or an antiangiogenesis drug (Avastin or one of the fourteen in common use) things could be a bit less certain, but barring those two events your body should have cleaned up the micro-clots and restored full circulation by January. 

@gardenman 

Part of my health problems come from the scleroderma AI disorder I have. There is scarring in my lungs and kidneys which was caused from the microclots plus some of it was preexisting which may have been exacerbated b/c of covid.  My medical history has a lot to do with my prognosis and it's not what any of my docs fully understand. I also have scleroderma-related heart valve involvement and the docs were extremely concerned about that with the clotting going on causing a heart attack. TG I didn't have one. I'm due to have an echocardiogram...that's part of my yearly thing with scleroderma along with PFT's for breathing checks. 

My rheumy says drugs can have adverse reactions in scleroderma people and doesn't prescribe any kind for me. She wants me off the steroid inhaler asap but I can't breathe w/o it. So I have to continue until I can.

Valued Contributor

@pitdakota wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SilleeMee    Are you feeling okay now?  I'm glad to hear people who've had this horrid disease talk about it.  Maybe if more people did, the naysayers would out on their masks and take it seriously.

@Kachina624 

Thanks for asking. I'm feeling okay about half the time. I feel exhausted and it's still hard to breathe. My memory is foggy and I can't remember simple things...not normal for me. I'm still on an inhaler to help me breathe. My rheumy wants me off of it b/c it's a steroid and she doesn't want me on it. I get my blood tested to check my kidney function and though my results haven't been normal, I don't need dialysis like I did in the hospital...TG. I have to go and get scans of both my lungs and kidneys in a couple of months. Not looking forward to that. 

Sometimes I hesitate to post stuff on this forum b/c I can't remember things I've written or things I've read. I get confused about where I have read stuff either here or somewhere else...that's an awful feeling and it's never happened to me before. I hope that part of my recovery quickly passes and things get back to normal. If that is even possible no one knows.

________________________________________________________-

@SilleeMeefrom the bottom of my heart I just ache for you.  I seriously mean that.  Having spent more years than I will admit working as a nurse in critical care before I moved into teaching, I am altogether too familiar with & understand the struggle of patients that are seriously ill.  One of the reasons I beat the bandwagon here so much I guess.  If it helps save just one person a bad experience, it is worth any backlash.

But congrats on beating this horrible virus and making it out of ICU, the hospital, and getting back home!!!  

I will say what you posted here tends to be very common for many post infection.  I know from your posting over time that you are very knowledgeable and have no doubt you are doing what you are supposed to do at this point.  

If it helps any, I have a former student that working as a nurse contracted covid and also had a difficult time with recovery.  She really struggled with what she called "foggy brain".  It was so problematic that she returned to work for only one day and didn't go back.  She just didn't feel safe working as a nurse.  She is just now saying she thinks it is getting better.  So I hold out hope that there will be improvement for you as well.  

We still have much to learn about the long term ramifications of this virus, but I am hopeful that your renal and pulmonary function will improve also.  Encouraging to know you do not need dialysis post discharge.

Why anyone would take a risk of passing this infection on to someone else that may end up really struggling and going through a grueling critical care experience to then struggle with lingering after effects is just well beyond my comprehension.  The guidelines and cautions are there for a reason.  

Hang in there and know that are many here that care about you! Heart  In the meantime, you just keep on posting.  Doesn't matter if you posted something before or not, etc.  We are just glad you are posting!!!!  

Today was one of those days when I couldn't "heart" on my iPad but I had to tell you hiw much I liked your post. You sound like a lovely caring person. Also, I wish the very best and a complete recovery for lovely Silleemee. Did I put too many e's in that?