Esteemed Contributor

Re: New healthcare plan option

I hadn't heard about Forward, so checked it out. It's not available in all states, and one has to fill out a form to make sure you're a candidate. It seems to imply that not everyone is eligible for the service. I didn't get any further because my state doesn't have this program. 

I'm not sure I'd go for it, anyway. You would have to pay the $149 even if you don't use their services every month.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

If you are not weighed it would be a plus to me😄

Trusted Contributor

Video visits are great for a focused conversation with my doctor. But obviously that can't  be the only medical care I get!

Honored Contributor

Sometimes they notice other things going in because they are looking at a person in their entirety.  To only do a shoulder shot could endanger your treatment as issues arise. 

Very likely they may not have an "open window" to see you just on scheduled "shot or lab days".

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't take a cockamamie plan like that even if it was free.  There are times when you must see the doctor in the office but under that crazy plan, you'll be responsible for 100% of the charges.

Honored Contributor

@Duckncover wrote:

Received new healthcare enrollment info today from my employer. One of the options is a telemed-only plan. It is listed under the Medicare advantage plans. You never see the dr or go to the office...just FaceTime or via zoom. The premium is not much less than the other choices, but isn't there some times you need to see a dr face to face so they can examine you? I guess it is just a sign of the times we are now in. Has anyone signed up for this? 

@Duckncover 

What a dumb idea.    It will be interesting to see how this type of plan evolves, since I doubt it has been out there ... I'm guessing it's the first year of we would have heard about it prior to this.   

I'm just speculating here, but I think the people who would benefit most from this type of plan are people who are housebound and/or don't get out very much.     

I would never enroll in something like this .... it seems rather useless to a lot of the population.   JMO