Honored Contributor

@Pqfan wrote:

Hugs to a beautiful, sweet lady (((Lilac Tree)))🌸🌸🌸

@Pqfan 

Thank you so much, Pqfan.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

@LilacTreeI have been reading your journey and am at least glad that you have a diagnosis and that there is treatment that is manageable.  While I know nothing about either, I hope that you have the "better" of the two, if there is one.  I also hope that your have the necessary medical treatment in order to feel better.  I understand fatigue.

@SXMGirl 

There are two versions, she didn’t say which one I had.  Perhaps they didn’t identify it in the report.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Trusted Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@Ketra 

FLUOROQUINOLONE

This one, Finally the black box warnings are becoming known to Docs.

This drug triggered symptoms that led to CIPD for me.  Yes, I have immune related issues, but Finally enough is known about this drug that docs. have acknowledged a link.

I was given a prolonged course for a bad sinus infection.

Thanks for the information.

@Drythe I’m sorry you are going through all this as well. We get treated for a sinus infection or Rosacea and end up with autoimmune diseases. It stinks! But we can help each other by sharing information, experiences, or just listening to each other vent. Hopefully doctors in the near future will pay attention to patients family histories and not prescribe these drugs to susceptable people in the first place. Anyway, the more informed people are about the side effects of drugs, the better decisions they can make regarding their own health. It’s not good to rely completely on doctors these days. There’s just too much stuff the drug companys know that doesn’t always get passed on to doctors until it’s too late for the patient. Anyway, I’m exhausted and rambling. We’ll chat again. Have a good night😊

Respected Contributor

@LilacTreeI am glad you seem to have found a new good doctor!  I hope whatever tx is prescribed for this new diagnosis turns out to be just what you needed to feel better.  

While I do not have either RA or Lupus I am very familiar with autoimmune diseases....my sister having MS and myself Hashimoto thyroiditis....this makes me concerned as to what medications that are safe to take and what I should avoid.  Thanks to the poster who put up all that information.  I never knew there were meds out there that could give/cause someone to develop Lupus.  

Super Contributor

Oh LT........a new diagnosis is at once a relief and a worry. So sorry you're having problems. Hope you can manage this all well and live as comfortably as possible. 

Respected Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

Wow.  That is a tough one.  Sorry to hear but glad you got a diagnosis.

I wish a certain poster who is no longer here could weigh in.

@Sweetbay magnolia  Noel7 helped me immensely when I was first diagnosed. I really miss her...

@Trinity11 @Sweetbay magnolia 

I miss her too. I have 3 AD’s. I absolutely loved reading her posts. I will say that the chronic fatigue is hard to live with at times. @LilacTree 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: New diagnosis

[ Edited ]

@Ketra  Fascinating list. Haven't been on any of those meds. No one else in my family has Lupus, but I also have had other autoimmune diseases all my life. It's a relief to know helpful meds haven't contributed to another health problem! Sorry to hear Lilac's meds may be the culbret. Although, Lupus is controllable with good meds and it sounds like she has found a great Rheumatologist at long last. I know my Lupus was in my body for decades before diagnosed. She'll be fine; just tired. Rest and no stress is best.

@LilacTree  Glad you've finally found out what the diagnosis is. Confident you are in good hands now. Continue to rest whenever necessary; that's the best step . . . and keep your stress levels to a minimum. I imagine your Rheumatologist will put you on one med to begin with and after six or 12 months may add a second med if you labs indicate the need for anything else. You'll be going in for lab work every four weeks once on meds, but not the 14 vials; usually four to six. It's not a big deal. So happy to hear you are on the road to controlling this health problem. It is doable! I live alone (widow) with several autoimmune diseases (age 71), and recovering from three fractures in my back. We women can do anything! Keep us posted. Blessings. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Trusted Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@Ketra  Fascinating list. Haven't been on any of those meds. No one else in my family has Lupus, but I also have had other autoimmune diseases all my life. It's a relief to know helpful meds haven't contributed to another health problem! Sorry to hear Lilac's meds may be the culbret. Although, Lupus is controllable with good meds and it sounds like she has found a great Rheumatologist at long last. I know my Lupus was in my body for decades before diagnosed. She'll be fine; just tired. Rest and no stress is best.

@LilacTree  Glad you've finally found out what the diagnosis is. Confident you are in good hands now. Continue to rest whenever necessary; that's the best step . . . and keep your stress levels to a minimum. I imagine your Rheumatologist will put you on one med to begin with and after six or 12 months may add a second med if you labs indicate the need for anything else. You'll be going in for lab work every four weeks once on meds, but not the 14 vials; usually four to six. It's not a big deal. So happy to hear you are on the road to controlling this health problem. It is doable! I live alone (widow) with several autoimmune diseases (age 71), and recovering from three fractures in my back. We women can do anything! Keep us posted. Blessings. 

@BirkiLady I’m sorry to hear that you have so many health issues. It sounds like you’ve got a heck of a good attitude. I’ve got several secondary autoimmune diseases as well so I can relate. I agree with you, we can do anything with God’s help. 😊🙏🏻❤️

Esteemed Contributor

@Ketra  Can't complain; that doesn't do anyone any good! Might as well be happy with what you've got in life. Sending you best wishes on your health, as well. Thanks for your kind words.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Trusted Contributor

@BirkiLady Thank you very much.😊