Honored Contributor

@Ketra 

FLUOROQUINOLONE

This one, Finally the black box warnings are becoming known to Docs.

This drug triggered symptoms that led to CIPD for me.  Yes, I have immune related issues, but Finally enough is known about this drug that docs. have acknowledged a link.

I was given a prolonged course for a bad sinus infection.

Thanks for the information.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

Re: New diagnosis

[ Edited ]

@LilacTree wrote:

@Ketra 

I will be happy to discuss this with you any time.  I no longer get shocked by anything that happens to me, as I have a whacky immune system.  Thanks for the list . . . But this is why I hate to take meds.  I always get a bad reaction, perhaps not as bad as this, but always something.

Ironically, I have had no relief from the UTI symptoms, but I got this instead . . . Lucky me.

Thank you for your informative post.

@LilacTree   My IPAD is about out of juice so I’ll chat more tmw. Try Kiva Manuka UMF 20 honey (2 very heaping teaspoons a day) morning $ evening and 1/4 cup or 1/8 cup organic shelled raw pumpkin seeds every day. (I do 1/4 cup) This works wonders on a UTI. I get the organic pumpkin seeds from Kroger, but any organic raw seeds will do. Just don’t get the roasted ones. I hope it works for you to. Lots of water and limit soda and coffee. Soda contains sugar and infections love sugar. They grow stronger when you consume sugar. Anyway, I’ve rambled long enough. I chat at you tmw. You’ll feel better soon.

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise 

Good for you.  Hard to survive.  Both my mother and my sister died from lung cancer.  They were both diagnosed too late.  My sister’s had metastasized from her colon. my mom was only 49.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@Ketra wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@Ketra 

I will be happy to discuss this with you any time.  I no longer get shocked by anything that happens to me, as I have a whacky immune system.  Thanks for the list . . . But this is why I hate to take meds.  I always get a bad reaction, perhaps not as bad as this, but always something.

Ironically, I have had no relief from the UTI symptoms, but I got this instead . . . Lucky me.

Thank you for your informative post.

@LilacTree   My IPAD is about out of juice so I’ll chat more tmw. Try Kiva Manuka UMF 20 honey (2 very heaping teaspoons a day) morning $ evening and 14 cut organic shelled raw pumpkin seeds every day. This works wonders on a UTI. I get the organic pumpkin seeds from Kroger, but any organic raw seeds will do. Just don’t get the roasted ones. I hope it works for you to. Lots of water and limit soda and coffee. Soda contains sugar and infections love sugar. They grow stronger when you consume sugar. Anyway, I’ve rambled long enough. I chat at you tmw. You’ll feel better soon.

@Ketra 

I drink neither.  I drink only filtered water.  But I know about sugar, and I have to try harder on that one.  Rheumatoid definitely reacts to sugar.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Trusted Contributor

@LilacTree I corrected my UTI post. Typos in haste. G’night.

Honored Contributor

I thought you already knew about the lupus but I think I have you confused with someone else. I can’t believe it took so long for them to figure out but hopefully now you’ll start to feel better with the right treatment plan 😊💕

Honored Contributor

Re: New diagnosis

[ Edited ]
@Susan Louise wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

Wow, 15 vials...    I cannot even imagine.   How many times did they have to stick you?  I imagine they had to use different veins.  

@chrystaltree   Usually just once and they just remove and replace the vials as they are filled enough for testing.

@Susan Louise 

yes, exactly.  She did remark that if I had one more vial, she would have had to start a new basket!  

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

I thought you already knew about the lupus but I think I have you confused with someone else. I can’t believe it took so long for them to figure out but hopefully now you’ll start to feel better with the right treatment plan 😊💕

@GenXmuse 

i did suspect it, but don’t know whether I wrote about it.  Once the rash started, I became aware of some of the things it could be, and lupus was one of them.

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

@jubilant 

You’re a sweetheart, Jubilant.

Formerly Ford1224
Respected Contributor

Hugs to a beautiful, sweet lady (((Lilac Tree)))🌸🌸🌸