Honored Contributor

I called my new rheumatologist’s office  to get the results of my massive (15vials) blood tests.  I didn’t want to post it to my good news post.

It seems I have lupus.  The fatigue is mostly attributed to that, not RA, although it could be a combination of both.  Unless there is an earlier cancellation, my next appointment with the rheumatologist is not until the first week in August. 

It’s quite rare to get a diagnosis of lupus this late in life, but I did think of it when this “butterfly rash” began appearing across my nose and cheeks. I was hoping it was a side effect of the Macrobid that I took for the UTI I thought I had.

Although, as with all autoimmune diseases, it is not curable, it can be managed.  

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Wow, 15 vials...    I cannot even imagine.   How many times did they have to stick you?  I imagine they had to use different veins.  

Respected Contributor

So sorry you’re dealing with these health issues. Wishing you healing.

Honored Contributor

I have been following your latest "adventure' so I kind of know some of your history. So very sorry for this latest chapter altho it must be a relief to know about it?!! I think I read that you finally found this dr who FINALLY was able to get you some answers?  So you will chug on and do your best. Good luck. 

Honored Contributor

LilacTree

A close friend of mine has had lupus for years and she manages it.  I hope you are able to also manage and deal with your diagnosis and have many good healthy days ahead.  You have been through much and hopefully things will be better now that you know. God bless.

Trusted Contributor

Well that stinks but it's good to have answers. I wonder if this has affected you for a long time but was missed because of the RA? I'm glad you're liking this new doctor.

Esteemed Contributor

Wow.  That is a tough one.  Sorry to hear but glad you got a diagnosis.

I wish a certain poster who is no longer here could weigh in.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

Sorry to hear this, Lilac Tree . I am a bit surprised about the long wait to see the dr. I have had lupus floated around for a while also. It is not curable but treatable. ((((Hugs))))

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Wow, 15 vials...    I cannot even imagine.   How many times did they have to stick you?  I imagine they had to use different veins.  

@chrystaltree   Usually just once and they just remove and replace the vials as they are filled enough for testing.

Esteemed Contributor

@LilacTree , well it must be a relief to at least have identified the illness and to know that it is manageable.  I do hope this will allow you to begin a course of treatment that will bring you some relief.  Sending you best wishes @LilacTree .  I hope you are beginning a helpful and effective relationship with your new doctor.  LM