Esteemed Contributor

Re: New York variant. Columbia University

@Trinity11 wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@Trinity11  I live in Suffolk County Long Island. I was able to get a vaccination appointment for myself last week & for DH for this week at the StonyBrook site. It was very hard for me to get the appointments.I was literally on line & on the phone for hours.

I got my husbands appointment at 5 in the morning .I got mine when the Governor opened up appointments for the immunocompromised.I literally started at 8 am & finally got one over 4 hours later.I was online the entire time  constantly refreshing the site . I finally made it to a 90 minute virtual line.

If you have a doctor in the NYU Langone system you could get an appointment in a Queens, Brooklyn or NYC location. There are currently no Long Island sites. You can sign into your account & schedule one.NYU Langone emailed DH last week & gave him a link to a registration site. I had already gotten him one or he would have done it.

Call the NYS vax number at 7 am when they open. They're open 7 days a week from 7-10. Be persistent. My friend got 3 appointments for his family doing that. I worked the phone & the website at the same time.It was exhausting but eventually paid off.

I wish I could help you get through.

Hi @NicksmomESQ . Good news! I am scheduled for my first shot on Wednesday morning at Walgreens. It's only about 15 minutes away too. I feel like I won the lottery!

Congratulations @Trinity11 !  Those were the exact words that came out of my mouth when the pharmacist called me to schedule my first shot.  Isn't it a wonderful feeling?

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Trusted Contributor

Re: New York variant. Columbia University

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11  yay! I too finally found an appt not only for me but for both of us, husband and I.  The lady who stands around in the self serve lane at Kroger made the suggestion to us that we go out of retirement and apply for a job doing what she does since she already is vaccinated and in her 40's quite a bit younger than us.  Not even a cashier but watches customers use the self serve.  We were speechless.