Honored Contributor

Re: New York variant. Columbia University

@Trinity11 @Yet Another place to  look. Rite Aids, Costco's and others show up when I input Long Island here. 
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjbtJnly4XvAhVIVK0KHR6cCo4Q...

Valued Contributor

For reasons we will never know, the evidence available about the origins of this virus keeps getting suppressed, but most experts quietly agree that it is a GOF virus, meaning Gain of Function. So it will keep mutating in ways not found in nature. Right now it is producing lumps in glands that mimic breast cancer, eye lesions, swollen fingertips, brain fog, and on and on. Along with vaccines, the best defense is to optimize your health through super nutrition. England is now passing legislation to provide high dose vitamin D to citizens to help fight off the virus. If you ever felt like taking your diet into high gear with super nutrient foods like fruits, veggies, lean proteins, etc., now is the time to do it.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@Trinity11 @Check September's post. She is saying Brooklyn has openings. Sorry, it's been so long since I've been to New York that my knowledge of its geography is zilch without me looking at a map.

We are not allowed to go to Brooklyn @Mindy D . I just called and your zip code determines where you can get it. 

Trusted Contributor

@furbabylover  I have been doing that from Day 1 of this situation.  I completely agree with you!!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I was watching GMA this morning and Dr. Jha indicated that the variant he and others are most concerned about is the one from the UK.  He said that variant is predicted to really take hold in mid-March through the end of March so we need to get through that.

He said by April we will be clear of that and most people will be vaccinated. He indicated that we will have a relatively normal summer. 

Of course, initially experts were more worried about the variant from Brazil and now you don't really hear about that much.  It's back to the UK variant.  And one minute the vaccines work against these variants and the next they don't know. 

You have got to be kidding me.  No way will most people be vacciated by April, not at anywhere near the rate of vaccination.  @1.5M/day, that would take about a year to get the entire population vaccinated, and that's for just 1 shot.  My state has only in the last week gone to phase 1B which is 65+ along with some special cases like front line workers, school teachers, etc.  And now there's been a slowdown in delivery besides the fact that they are havng to reschedule a bunch of people for their 2nd shot due to weather conditions. I'm not holding my breath that it would be anytime soon for my age group and below. 

However, more doctors are agreeing with Dr. Makaray of Johns Hopkins that we should reach herd immunity sooner than later without having the entire population, or even close to the entire population, vaccnated.

Frequent Contributor

@furbabylover YEP!  Gotta love sittin' in the sunshine soaking up the rays!  It's amazing what a little bit of sunshine, the great outdoors, and sound nutrition will do. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Trinity, we live on Long Island and got our first vaccinations last week at Walgreens.  You have to register on their website.  I went to their site at 7:00 am and there were hundreds of appointments available at many local Walgreens.  Have you tried their site yet?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11 @Try here. I put in a Long Island zip code and specified up to a 50 mile radius. I see some openings. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjg0fzxg4bvAhWXGc0KHbBsDn4Q...

Also, see turtle51's post.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@turtle52 wrote:

Trinity, we live on Long Island and got our first vaccinations last week at Walgreens.  You have to register on their website.  I went to their site at 7:00 am and there were hundreds of appointments available at many local Walgreens.  Have you tried their site yet?

Yes, I have registered (weeks ago) but nothing was available @turtle52  ...I will try early morning. Thanks for the tip.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@Trinity11 @Try here. I put in a Long Island zip code and specified up to a 50 mile radius. I see some openings. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjg0fzxg4bvAhWXGc0KHbBsDn4Q...

Also, see turtle51's post.

@Mindy D , they said they have appointments but when I put in my zip code, it comes up none available. I am baffled but the guy at the N.Y. State site, told me my zip was part of why. I don't get it...