Regular Contributor

Re: New Year. New You. New Me.

Dancing cricket - curious as to which ballerinas you idolized. I, too, idolized certain ballerinas growing up - Gelsey Kirkland, Patricia McBride, Cynthia Gregory, Allegra Kent. They all had severe eating disorders and it's a wonder they didn't go into cardiac arrest trying to perform at the top level. Balanchine and his peers loved that anorexic look.
New Contributor

You are me one year ago. Let me tell you that you are halfway to achieving your goals by reaching out and asking for support. Now I will tell you my story so you know what you can achieve. A year ago I was overweight, tired all the time and eating was my favorite hobby. Last Christmas I was diagnosed with diabetes and that news changed my view of my life forever. I worked with an amazing team of nutritionists who recommended a 165 carb/1400 calorie diet. I started using the "My FItness Pal" app and I made a personal commitment to honestly enter every morsel of food I consumed. At that time I could not exercise because I had rotator cuff surgery. Within six months I lost over 50 pounds. I used to wear size 18 or 1X clothes and now I am wearing size 6 pants and size 10 tops. This September I joined a gym for the first time in over 40 years and faithfully go 3 times a week to strengthen and tone my body. Last year I was old at 59, but this year at 60, l am feeling so young. I will be glad to support you and others to make your commitment to change your life It can be done, I am living proof.
Honored Contributor

Here is a water bottle for citrus water, for those who want to up their water consumption. Smile

Contributor

Sorry I have not been on this week. I was a bit side tracked with work.

I hope everyone is doing well and trying to stay warm.

What do you think of the name: Getting Fit & Staying Motivated.

Also, I wanted to ask if anyone owns a VitaMix? If so what do you think of it.

Post a mini goal this week.

Mine is:

Workout 4 times this week and drink my daily 8 ounces of water.

Contributor

All,

I am going to start a new thread under

Getting Fit & Staying Motivated

Please join me here so we can motivate each other and begin our fit journey together.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Contributor

All,

I am going to start a new thread under

Getting Fit & Staying Motivated

Please join me here so we can motivate each other and begin our fit journey together.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}