Honored Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

@september wrote:

I'm planning to get it, as soon as my local CVS gets it in stock.  It's on backorder and they'll let me know when they have it.  There's a waiting list, so it seems like there's been a big demand.  

My doctor told me to get it at the drugstore.  When I asked about it, I was told they were waiting for a shipment and it should be in later this week or next week.  I'm #6 on their call list.

@lulu1. My doctor's office no longer gives any type of immunizations.  They're right next door to CVS...so that's where we go. I'm fine with that.  Still waiting to get the call that my CVS has this in stock.  I'll get it.

My older brother had shingles a few years ago, before his insurance covered the previous vaccine.  He went through hell!  

Respected Contributor

Yesterday, my husband and I got the last 2 vaccines that our doctor's office had. We got the shots at about 11:00am. By 2:00, i had a lot and I mean a lot of, I wouldn't say pain but a huge level of discomfort in my arm. I could not use it at all. My husband did not get this reaction. I woke up early this morning with a terrible headache. I thought it was a migraine, then maybe Sinus but I think it must be a reaction to the vaccine. I still have it now at 9:00pm but it's easing up somewhat. My husband felt like he was getting the flu all day but that is also easing up. We both slept half of the day.  I know some people that had no reaction and some people that have had  had worse reactions than ours. It's a ****** shoot. Well worth it, if you can get the vaccine. 

I know there is a shortage of the vaccine. They didn't expect to have such a high demand for it. I don't get that! The Baby Boomer Generation as they say, are of great numbers, so why they didn't expect this demand, I can't figure out. That's also not counting everyone else that wants it. I wonder if they will have a batch ready for the second vaccine for everyone.

Everyone, be well!

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.