Honored Contributor

Re: New Dental Fee on the way?

I just had my teeth cleaned in Feb. I can wait 10 yrs for a cleaning if I want to. I have done it before. My teeth will be just as clean 10 yrs from now as they are today without seeing the dentist.

Honored Contributor

@kismet wrote:

SeaMaiden,  I got that email the other day.  I sent it to my dentist and she said the fee doesn't cover a third of what it costs her. Said she has been talking to the insurance about it.  She did take the $35. I paid a few weeks ago and applied it to my visit this week.  As far as my next appointment I don't know what she'll do.  She mentioned that insurance isn't paying enough and in the future she may have to drop from being a provider.  If she does that means 6 from my family won't be going to her.  Wonder if dentist can afford to lose a lot of patients when they drop off a plan.  I have to pay for my dental because my husband is retired. Had Delta all the years he worked but guess they don't pay much now.

@kismet Your dentist is giving you a sob story... she makes plenty... just greedy.

My dentist may do the same thing... and will probably say the same thing as your dentist told you. It all comes down to GREED.

Honored Contributor

@granddi wrote:

Just about all businesses have additional costs of masks, disinfectants, gloves, etc. And most all businesses have had to reduce customer capacity. 

Exactly!  It's not like they are making signigicant money doing this...they are just covering increased costs.  Not to mention that they are required to see less people to keep their waiting rooms empty.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

I just had my teeth cleaned in Feb. I can wait 10 yrs for a cleaning if I want to. I have done it before. My teeth will be just as clean 10 yrs from now as they are today without seeing the dentist.

@Nightowlz     yes.. I think as long as a person does not have underlying issues like say pockets in the gums  or infection.... people could with good personal  oral hygine with dental brushing and flossing not have to go to the dentist as often...

but then there is always the crown that falls off... or breaks in two.... or the tooth that starts to ache and dies and you need a root canal.... so many other reasons why I end up going to the dentist BESIDES a cleaning.

Valued Contributor

I just went to my dentist on Friday to get a temporary crown. And there was a sign there that said $10.00 would be charged to pay for PPE'S. They would bill your insurance also and if they paid it. They would refund your money.