Honored Contributor

Re: New Dental Fee on the way?

If they want to charge you you either pay....or do not have your teeth  worked on. Easy.

I would choose to pay. 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

If they want to charge you you either pay....or do not have your teeth  worked on. Easy.

I would choose to pay. 

@SeaMaiden  I agree with you. People have a choice. If you don't want to pay, find another dentist that is not charging.

Trusted Contributor

There are going to be many charges added due to Covid. I'm just paying them. There are fees added to your bills in restaurants. I don't care. I'll help all I can. If I can't afford the fees I won't go. I've been fortunate enough to be working. A lot of people haven't. As far as doctors offices, they have so much more to do now with cleaning and keeping people safe. They deserve it.
Honored Contributor

@granddi wrote:

I just read a report from Austin that some dentists are charging $10-20 "infection control fee" and notifying patients that it will probably not be insurance covered. 

@granddi  I received an email from my dentist weeks ago that there is an extra charge because of Coronavirus. I could be wrong but I think he is charging an extra $30. I don’t think he called it an “infection control fee” though.

Esteemed Contributor

Any of these added fees won't even come close to covering the losses of dental offices and any other businesses.    Most are just trying to stay afloat, as all their costs are increasing also.  

Super Contributor

Well okay I understand the extra charge.  However, I'm in no hurry to go back to mine for my annual cleaning.  Not that he is open for business yet with us just being in Phase 1 at this point.  

Esteemed Contributor

The dental fees for services around here were already overpriced compared to what was charged when I lived in another area, so I don't think any additional fees should be added since they already overcharge.

Trusted Contributor

Have also read that restaurants are, or were, doing this same thing. Not sure if they're still doing it. 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Frequent Contributor

Many dental clinics are independent small businesses. Some clinics are run by corporate business. It’s the little ones that are getting hit the hardest. I’m not sure how people see dental insurance companies helping out the dentist? Insurance companies negotiate reimbursement rates and often, less to a small clinic verses a large corporate clinic. FYI: Rarely does dental insurance pay full fees to dentists.
Respected Contributor

Good to know I’m not only one being slapped with this type of fee, mine will be $20 per visit. When I asked around among friends, none of them seemed to have been informed of this fee, at least not yet, from their dentist. Not happy about it, but as others have mentioned expect many other prices to also increase. Expect restaurant prices to increase substantially because someone is going to have to foot bill for fewer tables and other precautions they have to implement, difference being I can choose if I want to eat in a restaurant, I’m not giving up dental checkups or necessary dental work.