Respected Contributor

Re: New Coronavirus from China

@suzyQ3, we just had 2 more deaths from the flu in our area of Kentucky.  They were both elderly and had pre-existing conditions. 

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

@pitdakota wrote:

@suzyQ3, we just had 2 more deaths from the flu in our area of Kentucky.  They were both elderly and had pre-existing conditions. 

@pitdakota, and it's entirely possible that some of the deaths so far from this flu-like virus are also due to the same problems.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

A Texas A&M student is being isolated at home and being tested for the coronavirus. 

The student traveled through Wuhan, China where the virus originated.

US Health Officials are conducting the tests.

@Cakers3 wrote:

A Texas A&M student is being isolated at home and being tested for the coronavirus. 

This is terrifying. Where is the CDC ?  Why hasnt the FAA stepped in and grounded all flights ?   Perhaps this will make the pro immigration people think twice ?  

@Reever-Your final question is inciteful.  You know nothing about the patients.

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3, absolutely!  

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Respected Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@Reever wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

This is terrifying. Where is the CDC ?  Why hasnt the FAA stepped in and grounded all flights ?   Perhaps this will make the pro immigration people think twice ?  

If one American dies it is too many. We need to stop all incoming air traffic from China until this is too late.  I am sorry if you find it inciteful but my life may be at stake. 

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@Reever wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

If one American dies it is too many. We need to stop all incoming air traffic from China until this is too late.  I am sorry if you find it inciteful but my life may be at stake. 

@Reever, unasked for advice: Take a deep breath and try to relax. You are a million times more likely to get sick from such unwarranted panic than this virus.

You need to remember it is less severe than our current flu here.

Maybe think good thoughts for those elderly or health-compromised people in some areas of China who might have contracted this virus and who cannot as easily handle it.

You might find that such thoughts about others far away might take your mind off yourself.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC baiting another poster

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@Reever @I understand your unease...so far so good here.We will just have to wait and see.I hope they can control it and they are working on a vaccine.I am very worried too but worry doesn’t stop anything from happening.