Respected Contributor

Re: Need your words of encouragement!

@2blonde wrote:

@hoosieroriginal  OK, you're on your way!  Speaking from experience, I can say that after age 50 or so, every extra inch goes straight to that mid-section.  Yes, I do still weigh 105, but my body measurements have changed dramatically.  My peak weight was in my mid-thirties at about 126 (I was doing a lot of partying back then...LOL).  My measurements at that time were about 36-26-36.  Now, at 67 and 105 pounds, I'm 34-28-34. (Where is the justice there?)  Remember too that the spine shortens as we age, so everything gets compressed.  I used to be 5'6"......now I'm probably fudging a bit by saying I'm 5'5".......:-)  It hurts to see some flab around my middle, but I've learned to accept it!

@2blonde - At age 40 I weighed what I did in high school - 119 - I remember people telling me you'll never weigh what you did in high school - I proved them wrong - I don't expect that now, but would love to feel good in my clothes again. 

Respected Contributor

Oh, and another thing.  I've had more than one personal trainer tell me that it's 80% what you eat and 20% what you do (exercise).  I do think that's about right.

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

Thanks ladies!  You have all encouraged me so much.  I'm sitting here with stomach growling waiting for lunch - ha!  But I will wait, no snacking!  WATCH FOR MY POST TOMORROW WHEN I WEIGH IN!   I feel like I'm on my weigh! 

Respected Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

Thanks ladies!  You have all encouraged me so much.  I'm sitting here with stomach growling waiting for lunch - ha!  But I will wait, no snacking!  WATCH FOR MY POST TOMORROW WHEN I WEIGH IN!   I feel like I'm on my weigh! 

Well you can keep free foods for snacks.   Just one kind Carrots, celery, whaever else you have.   I sprout for my birds and snack on that during the day.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

I lost 30 lbs. 3 years ago and have kept it off.  I limit carbs (absolutely no pasta, potatoes or rice), eat only half a sandwich with a little fruit at lunch.  Snacks are cheese, nuts.I don't worry about fat too much.   I weigh myself a couple times a week, and if I'm up even a pound, I cut back.  Another pointer, hunger is your enemy.  Do not let yourself get hungry.  And take your time.

You can do it, and I think the best way is to devise your own plan (even though I believe WW is the best diet offered, after your OWN).

Good luck. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

hoosiergirl, Who do you love more than anyone else in the world? I lost my weight because I wanted to be the healthiest grandma any baby could have. I'm succeeding better than any time in my life! 

AND I feel like a million bucks. My body didn't like wearing that extra 85 pounds AT ALL.