Respected Contributor

Re: Need suggestion to naturally lower cholesterol

Nature Made fish oil capsules were recommended by my doctor. 

Super Contributor

Hi @hoosieroriginal

Oh well, I thought I'd share just in case.

I hope you find another way to lower your cholesterol.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree with @Laura14

Laura14 wrote:

Red yeast rice.  Same thing as a statin but in natural form.  I got mine off of Amazon very cheaply.  Brought my cholesterol right down along with changing my diet to eliminate sugar and processed foods and now I really don't have a problem the past few years.

I want to add I am very much in support of real high fat foods like nuts and dairy so I would not axe all fats from my diet.  Your brain needs them.  The trans fats found in processed foods are the ones that need to go.  

And it's the sugar and white foods that digest into sugar which are scraping up your arteries forcing your body to repair it all with cholesterol.  That's why I really made an effort to get sugar and high carbs out of my diet and my doctor has not threatened me with meds in two years since.  

I eat whole, unprocess foods including nuts, olive oil, coconut oil, full fat raw milk and cultured butter. I don't eat sugar and carbs like wheat. My cholesterol is fine.

BTW, I also lost 40 pounds when I cut out sugar and wheat and added good fat to my diet.

In my previous post I shared how unfiltered coffee was rasing my cholesterol but since I started filtering my coffee, my cholesterol is fine even though I eat butter, etc.

Trusted Contributor

All the diet and supplement recommendations are great. I would do any of those before I would take statins. 

This book comes recommended, too. It has a lot of valuable information. 

IMG_0628.PNG

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal  NatureMade Chloest Off Plus.  I take 2 times a day.  Aside from minor dietary changes it dropped my LDL from 196 to something like 140.  I went from heart attack walking to borderline high, which I can live with.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Valued Contributor

My sister-in-law had high cholesterol and did not want to take a statin. She started taking a tablespoon of Pompeiian red wine vinegar with pomegranate (most stores have it) in a glass of water every morning, as suggested by a friend. She went back to her doctor two months later and her cholesterol had dropped 60 points! He was thrilled. That was the only thing she did different in the two months. 

Honored Contributor

@05gage25-

wow! That is really good!

Is the pomegranite in the red wine vinegar or is that separate?

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@hoosieroriginal  NatureMade Chloest Off Plus.  I take 2 times a day.  Aside from minor dietary changes it dropped my LDL from 196 to something like 140.  I went from heart attack walking to borderline high, which I can live with.

I was reading through this thread to see if anyone else used this.  Yes, it works!  Not on its own.  I also eat a healthy, low fat diet, lots of fiber.   And I'm an exercise fanatic.  Sometimes we just need to do that one other thing, and for me, this was it 

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

foods that can lower cholesterol are the following:

apples

asparagus

lentils

beans

oatmeal

trout

olive oil

@winamac1 - I am eating much better and getting all my fluids down now - I'm hoping that also helps - thanks!  Just looking for a little extra on top of eating better.

I forgot garlic, apples, nuts and even red wine can lower LDL

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

Red yeast rice.  Same thing as a statin but in natural form.  I got mine off of Amazon very cheaply.  Brought my cholesterol right down along with changing my diet to eliminate sugar and processed foods and now I really don't have a problem the past few years.

I want to add I am very much in support of real high fat foods like nuts and dairy so I would not axe all fats from my diet.  Your brain needs them.  The trans fats found in processed foods are the ones that need to go.  

And it's the sugar and white foods that digest into sugar which are scraping up your arteries forcing your body to repair it all with cholesterol.  That's why I really made an effort to get sugar and high carbs out of my diet and my doctor has not threatened me with meds in two years since.  

I switched to a Paleo diet in 2014 at the same time I started Andrew Lessmans Cholestacare/Fibermucil and the next year my bloodwork showed my numbers flipped.

My cholesterol was always normal, but I have a family history on both sides of cardiovascular disease, so I like to keep my cholesterol numbers in the excellent range.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN