Respected Contributor

Need suggestion to naturally lower cholesterol

Dr. called after I had my carotid scan and suggested I go on statin.  I am making appt with her to discuss, but I have heard so many bad things about them - looking for something more natural.  Checked out Andrew Lessman's cholesterol supplement and egads!  expensive!  Especially if you are taking three a day!  I've read some reviews on Amazon but wondered if anyone here could suggest a good supplement.  TIA folks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Need suggestion to naturally lower cholesterol

[ Edited ]

Have you considered turmeric? @hoosieroriginal 

My doctor was going to put me on statins. I started taking turmeric right away and now I no longer need the statins. It worked for me.

Esteemed Contributor

DH just (today) started taking CholestaCare from Andrew Lessman today.  I hope it works.  He's so tired of Rx meds!

Esteemed Contributor

Check out the American Heart Association

http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/

or WebMD for some good information.

Statins aren't the only answer.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Have you considered turmeric? @hoosieroriginal 

My doctor was going to put me on statins. I started taking turmeric right away and now I no longer need the statins. It worked for me.

@SilleeMee - Does it come in pill form?  I don't think I like the taste of it.  What form do you take?  TIA.

Honored Contributor

You might want to read the reviews from people who take Andrew Lessman's Cholestacare and their improved numbers.

Andrew also recommends taking the Fibermucil with the Cholestacare as they work together to lower cholesterol.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

You might want to read the reviews from people who take Andrew Lessman's Cholestacare and their improved numbers.

Andrew also recommends taking the Fibermucil with the Cholestacare as they work together to lower cholesterol.

@VaBelle35 - it's quite expensive, especially when you take 3 pills a day.  I just cannot afford $60 a month.  It does have great reviews, but so does some much cheaper products I saw on Amazon.  Just wishing someone took something OTC that worked. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

foods that can lower cholesterol are the following:

apples

asparagus

lentils

beans

oatmeal

trout

olive oil

garlic

nuts

apples

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

apples

asparagus

lentils

beans

oatmeal

trout

olive oil

@winamac1 - I am eating much better and getting all my fluids down now - I'm hoping that also helps - thanks!  Just looking for a little extra on top of eating better.

Esteemed Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

apples

asparagus

lentils

beans

oatmeal

trout

olive oil

Yes, totally agree and in my case losing weight.  I will add I had a rather bad reaction to STATINS. Tried more than one version... same results... could not move fingers, locked up and horrible muscle pain in my legs.  Doctor had no choice other than tell me try diet.  I am not a fan of online or on air remedies  so I would not be one to buy and or depend on that.