Honored Contributor

Re: Need some advice about leg cramps

Try drinking low sodium V8 juice, It is high in potassium and should help.

Super Contributor

Thanks for all the imput. Am sharing them with my daughter. Am trying to talk her into the Ivory soap to start.

Honored Contributor

My remedy, which has never failed me, is to put on a pair of Birkenstock sandals and wear them to bed.

When I get them, the pain is horrific.

I get up, put on the Birks, stand in them for a minute or so, back to bed. When I wake up in the morning they’re off.

Esteemed Contributor

STATINS:   If any of you are taking statins that is a side effect of them.   My hubby was on them for a very short time and they literally woke him up and he had to jump out of bed.  Also, what Kachina said is very true but if your taking statins the fruit won't help.  

Honored Contributor

Prior to my recent knee surgery, I was experiencing frequent cramps in my right foot and leg.   I was not dehydrated or deficient in vitamins or minerals, but the cramps interrupted my sleep almost every night.   My doctor thought my cramps were coming from the inflammation in my knee, and predicted I would see a difference after my surgery.   So far so good.   

Respected Contributor

I use a lavendar soap and it works.  I have no idea why and I don't care.  Just happy it does.