Honored Contributor

I seem to be having luck with only tums.

Took Nexium for years ...dropped down to Omeprazole 2 years

Now, Digest Assure (Lessman) Enzymes when necessary (Garden of Life) and Tums. Also, I am eating fiber at all meals...BIG difference!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

@I am still oxox  @NicksmomESQ 

I second the advice given by Nicksmom!  I took omeptazole  for 25+ years.  I slowly weaned offomeprazole.  I take digest assure and friendly flora from pro caps labs.  Highly recommended.  

Trusted Contributor

I know acid reflux is different for everyone. I suppose mine is mild. I take a mixture of baking soda and water every night to "cure" mine.  I also just read it might help with my RA.

Honored Contributor

@Dawnie and @NicksmomESQ 

I take digestives (probiotic) already as part of my daily meds, I even doubled up and its not cutting it. My gastro recommended Zantac which is an acid reducer not a PPI I took one earlier and I feel a little better

@Dawnie wrote:

@I am still oxox  @NicksmomESQ 

I second the advice given by Nicksmom!  I took omeptazole  for 25+ years.  I slowly weaned offomeprazole.  I take digest assure and friendly flora from pro caps labs.  Highly recommended.  

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Re: Need reflux advice

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox 

There is another thread that talks a lot about GERD, I think it is in this forum. I won't repeat my details which I pretty much spelled out in the other thread.

I know all about Iron Ferritin levels as I have had over 30+ Iron Infusions. Mine level has been all the way down to 1 and 2, even though my Hemoglobin levels were above 15.1, what does your Hemotologist say about needing an Iron Infusion?

I am still on Nexium 40mg(generic) twice a day. It has nothing to do with my GERD, and everything to do with my Barrett's Esophagus. Minus that risk of Esophageal Cancer, I think my other Endoscopy Diagnosis's, I would talk with my Gastro Docs about quitting the Nexium.

Read the other thread and get back to me, if you wish.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC - live link that leads to other retailers.

Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox   Not all probiotics are created equal.The Ultimate Friendly Flora & the Digest Assure enzymes made a 100% difference in my life.I feel better now than I did on the Gerd meds.

I realize that not everyone will have the same results.I hope you find what works for you.

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ 

Thank you I just checked the list of what you are taking and what I am taking and it contains all of the same elements 

Plus
Ginger

Papaya

Apple Pectin

Peppermint

In addition to Probiotics

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@I am still oxox   Not all probiotics are created equal.The Ultimate Friendly Flora & the Digest Assure enzymes made a 100% difference in my life.I feel better now than I did on the Gerd meds.

I realize that not everyone will have the same results.I hope you find what works for you.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

@I am still oxox   I haven't read all the posts so if this has been mentioned, sorry.  My husband has reflux and I have a type called LPR.  The real name is looooong. We both had been diagnosed with Barrett's esophagus about 5 years ago.

I told my GI doctor no PPI's for me, thank you.  He put us on sucralfate (also called carafate) each morning.  The liquid is expensive so he has us mix a tablet with one ounce of water and swallow it , 15 minutes before any food or drink.  Occasionally my husband takes an antacid, only before spicy meals.

I just had an endoscopy and it came back great.  No evidence of Barrett's meaning the pathologist found no precancerous cells from the biopsy.  It's gone, meaning the medicine is working. This is an old medicine and can be taken more than once a day if needed.  But it must not be taken at the same time or near other oral medicines, it stops them from being digested.

Not sure if this would work for you, but maybe ask your GI Dr.  Good luck to you.

Honored Contributor

Have been taking Lessman: Digest Assure/Friendly Flora/Aloe (bought as a set) for 1 year 

Taking Garden of Life Enzymes as needed

Florastor probiotic 4-5 capsules/day

Garden of Life Women’s 50 billion

For years I chewed a DGL supplement with adequate results.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~