Honored Contributor

Re: Need "Expert" Advice for CoQ10

Thanks to all for the good information!  It's always nice to hear the experiences and advice of others.

Esteemed Contributor

Sooner, please try more than one brand. 

The one I take is in rice flour but my DH took one in rice oil.   I ran out and took one of his for 3 days, had the worse stomach ache ever, on the left side just below my rib cage,  bad enough I was going to the D.  rMy pills came in.....took the ones I had been taking .....stomach ache went away...just as quickly as it appeared.

Weird?  OK, I can't disagree with that.  I don't think it was the CoQ10 but the fillers they use to make the pills or capsules.  They are not made in the USA.  If one doesn't seem to do any good, try another one!

Honored Contributor

I buy either Puritans Pride or Swanson from their websites, Ubiquinol.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KYToby wrote:

Get advice from reliable medical professionals.  There are no "experts" here -- only graduates of Google University.

Wow.

While that's clever and caution is a good thing, since you're only assuming this, you know it for sure just how???

There are plenty  of reliable health/other pros who post on the various Q boards.

All the way from very experienced individuals to those with advanced degrees in pertinent subjects.

Hey, guess what:  we use nicknames here, so no one (not even you) knows exactly who/what posters are in RL

We really don't know someone's entire background, even when they might mention parts of it.

Anyway, most people asking for health advice research the posted info first, then double-check with open-minded health professionals in their own life.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Are store brands as good as others?  Which ones to buy?  I read too many conflicting things!  What do you buy and how much do you take?  

I am old!  I'm going to try this, but don't know what to get!  Thanks for any advice!

@Sooner  I don't know if you've read any of my posts before regarding supplements.  DH and I take a number of them.  What I like to do is listen to Lessmen's "science" and dosing, but then I can usually find a less expensive equivalent on Vitacost.  Lessman's supplement contains Kaneka Ubiquinol and the Vitacost Ubiquinol/CoQH has the exact same thing.

Vitacost Ubiquinol CoQH with d-Limonene Description

New, highly absorbable form of CoQ10, plus concentrated orange oil extract standardized to 96% d-Limonene!*

What is Vitacost Ubiquinol CoQH?

Vitacost Ubiquinol CoQH combines a new, stabilized form of coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) with cold-pressed orange oil extract standardized to 96% d-Limonene.

CoQ10 is a fat-soluble, vitamin-like compound found in every cell of the body. It’s used by the mitochondria (“power plants”) of cells to produce energy. CoQ10 is found in highest concentration in cells of organs that require large amounts of energy, such as the heart. CoQ10 also functions as a powerful antioxidant.*

Ubiquinol is a reduced form of CoQ10 (ubiquinone). It is the form which is directly used in human metabolism as a lipid-soluble antioxidant.*

How does Vitacost Ubiquinol CoQH support health?

• Ubiquinol is very protective against oxygen radical formation.*
  • Ubiquinol has twice the bioavailability of ubiquinone.

Why choose Vitacost Ubiquinol CoQH?

• Features Kaneka QH®, a high-quality, stabilized form of ubiquinol shown in a clinical trial to be safe and bioavailable.
  • Contains cold-pressed orange oil extract standardized to 96% d-Limonene.
  • Provides 50 mg of ubiquinol per 1-liquid capsule serving.
  • Contains 60 servings per bottle.
  • Exceptional quality at an extraordinary value.

Honored Contributor

WOW!  You all are wonderful!  Thanks for taking so much time and thought to share your good information!  I'll check it all out--but you told me exactly what I wanted to know!  Now I have some info and options!