Esteemed Contributor

Need help in finding a good theraputec massager

My physical therapist suggested I purchase a hand held therapeutic massager to use on my hip.  I have looked on line until I am dizzy and the reviews are hot and cold, I'm lost.  Anyone out there using one or has used one, I would love to hear from you with suggestions.  Thanks in advance.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

Re: Need help in finding a good theraputec massager

[ Edited ]

I don't know if this is any help but my chriopractor sold me a Tens machine for pain anywhere on the body.  It does work and I am happy with it.

http://www.webmd.com/pain-management/tc/transcutaneous-electrical-nerve-stimulation-tens-topic-overv...

https://www.verywell.com/what-is-a-tens-unit-189383

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks esmeraldagooch...I had a tens  unit years ago for back pain.  I need something for my hip which was broken last year and the massager is really all I need.  I do appreciate your suggestion though, thanks again.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lindsays Grandma  The MED Massager people are finishing up a roadshow at my local Costco this weekend.  They demo'd two types of massagers.  I tried both of them last weekend - one sits on the floor and is for feet, arches, calves, and the other is handheld (two hands - almost looks like a car buffer...LOL) that can be used on specific areas.  I was really impressed with both of them.  DH stopped on his way home from work last night and bought them for me.  They are much better than anything I've ever tried off a retail shelf.  I bought the TSV shiatsu type massager last year and that's like a toy compared to these.  They aren't cheap, but a good investment if you're looking for a medical grade type of unit.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

JeanLouiseFinch...Thanks so much for the information.  I will go online and check out their products.  I need a hand hold massager but don't want anything too big or it makes it hard to handle.  I will keep on looking.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would think one of those wand type massagers would be easier for you to use yourself without being cumbersome. Have you thought about using infrared heat on your hip? They make massagers (they really don't massage) just the infrared heat. They also make infrared heat mat/pad.

They just had the  DPL® Flex Deep Penetrating Light Therapy Pain Relief Pad on HSN for $150. They also have a mitt for your hands. Infrared heat will penetrate through your skin & should help your hip.

DPL_Flexpad_lights_on__14638_1436814694_1280_1280.jpg

Respected Contributor

I have seen these on my facebook feed. 

http://www.padousa.com/