Honored Contributor

Re: Need a low calorie snack idea that is filling.

On 1/5/2015 lovesrecess said: Premier protein shakes from Costco. I blend one with a frozen banana and it is delicious; 30 grams protein and little fat.....I find I don't want anything at all to eat for hours...very satisfying.

Off the top of your head, how much do they cost at Costco?

Those are great, but my grocer sells a 4 pack for $9.99! {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Respected Contributor

On 1/5/2015 bbluvr said: My latest obsession. Clausen dill pickle wrapped in a slice of turkey and Swiss cheese. Lots of protein. Very filling.

Oh my!! I thought I was the only one that did this.

Respected Contributor

On 1/5/2015 lovesrecess said: Premier protein shakes from Costco. I blend one with a frozen banana and it is delicious; 30 grams protein and little fat.....I find I don't want anything at all to eat for hours...very satisfying.
I'm drinking one of these drinks right now. They are my go to thing to keep me satisfied. I often add frozen fruit to mine and blend it in my ninja.I like blackberries or blueberries in the vanilla, raspberries or cherries or banana in the choc. I started drinking these before and after my gastric bypass. So delicious.
Respected Contributor

On 1/6/2015 Tinkrbl44 said:

Off the top of your head, how much do they cost at Costco?

Those are great, but my grocer sells a 4 pack for $9.99! {#emotions_dlg.scared}

they are $24.99 for18. Right now they are on sale $5 off.I got a lot the other day. I like the new twist cap. So easy to take along in the car.
Respected Contributor

Celery or apples.

Respected Contributor

Is peanuts good? I know they have a lot of fat but they seem to be filling

Respected Contributor

Low salt rice cakes with [fill in the blank] on top. Depending on my mood I'll use whipped cream cheese, a slice of turkey, egg salad, slices of apple -- lots of choices. The brown rice in the rice cakes is filling, a source of good fiber and has a satisfying crunch for about 35 calories. Just be sure to choose rice cakes that don't have a lot of sodium or additives.

Occasional Contributor

Air-popped popcorn.

Super Contributor

On 1/6/2015 winamac1 said:

6 ounces of non-nitrate, minimally processed turkey breast.

I buy mine from Trader Joe's or Whole Foods. It's not high in calories, it's very low in carbs/sugar and it's filling.

Fruit isn't filling to me. I'm usually hungry after I eat it so I don't eat much fruit anymore.

I thought it was just me, I too always feel hungry after eating fruit.

Esteemed Contributor

I love raw cauliflower and sugar snap peas to snack on.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein