Honored Contributor

I have a compromised immune system and have been "home" since MId March, I have a deep cleaning for mid July, which I hope I can make but it is all up to my immunologist 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden My dental office had me to call when I pulled up outside to start.  They proceeded to meet me at the car where they took my temp before I was allowed in.  Next they checked my oxygen level and then carried me to a dental room.  My dental office said they are allowing 30 minutes between visits for  covid cleaning.  Call and ask about the precautions being taken and go from there.  Good luck

Honored Contributor

Great pros and cons. Thanks so much!

I  think I will put it off for two months and see where this virus is headed....and how my dental office is doing.  Then in August reevaluate whether to go or not.  It is not essential....and I take care of my teeth.

I went in for a crown replacement emergency  before they opened in April...  maybe I should not risk going again so soon. 

thanks everyone❤️

Esteemed Contributor

Get in there fast before all the dentists and hygienists are infected and the second wave hits.  

Or alternatively, feel safe now the virus has passed away.

Or pick the middle path.

Your choice.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden your lucky to have an appointment, I have a feeling they will be hard to come by. I had an appointment in April and of course was cancelled. I need a cleaning and exam desperately so I'm going to go (whenever I have a cleaning the hygienist always finds something and I have to go back).

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden    Didn't we already kick this around?  Please make a decision.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I would go.  It's not like going out in a crowd.  It's a  dental medical office which should always be clean and now there are probably many more precautions they are taking.  My dental always makes patients wear goggles also.

Honored Contributor

Re: Need Your Opinion

[ Edited ]

@Boomernichols   You stated they checked your oxygen level then carried (??) you to a dental room.  Why would they carry you?  Just perplexed by that.

Trusted Contributor

I would probably go now. The main concern would be getting it from the dentist or hygenist. For a while it's likely that a lot of the people they've been in contact with have been somewhat quarantined. If you push it out longer I would think it ups the odds they've come in contact with the virus once more people are back to work.The dentists could start going out more etc.

There's a chance at any point really but it just seems like things could be better now.

Honored Contributor

They themselves want to stay healthy from your germs so they will be taking all the precautions available for their own benefit as well.  You from them and them from you.  Go and get it behind you.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."