Respected Contributor

Re: Need Pillow Advice Please...

My husband and I both struggle with being uncomfortable in bed and not getting a good night sleep for many years.  My husband mostly complained of hip pain.  For me, it's my neck and back.  Most of the problem was our mattress.  I did what I could, buying mattress pads and trying new pillows.  I knew we needed a new mattress and my husband really wanted one of those adjustable ones but they are expensive.  However, I finally broke down and we purchased an adjustable bed.  It has made a big difference, especially for my husband who also snores and his snoring now is significantly decreased.  He also uses a body pillow.  I do think we need to upgrade our pillows now.  
When we were trying out the bed in the showroon, they had several pillows you can try.  Some for more support, some that had a cooling effect and different firmness....all kinds.  I found myself liking some of those so I plan on researching them and probably pick on of those.  

Trusted Contributor

I love my Tempur-pedic pillow.  It's expensive, but so worth it.  They have different kinds for side/back sleepers, etc.

Respected Contributor

I'm interested in this as I also need new pillows. I've been using My Pillow and have tried both the medium and firm models but am waking up at night with a headache and pain in my neck. I have a new mattress that is wonderful but the only problem is the pillow. 

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

Another thought would be to check with his doctor.  I have a problem with my neck but I notice it more in a nerve in the shoulder.  It runs down to my fingers as numbness.  It will wake me up.

Esteemed Contributor

We are big fans of the MY PILLOW.  I purchased them in both the standard and firm fillings in the kind size. I also have the original style and then the premium style which has more "stuffing" inside. I'm the one with sinus issues and migraines so I've tried many pillows. I also like to watch tv in bed and needed a pillow that was a bit supportive of my back. These work for us with the different combination of fill and style.

Respected Contributor

Love My Pillow!  I just ordered more travel pillows from their web site.  I always take those to sleep on elsewhere. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Swedishmiss 

I think my wife has every model of MY PILLOW. That obviously is her preference. Since I sleep in a recliner I didn't use to use a pillow with all our other recliners.

The new model I bought has all the electronic adjustments, which is really nice but! Something is definitely different about where my head/neck rests on them. While there is an electronic adjustment for the back of the chair, it did not help.

Every morning I would wake up with a sore neck. After several trial and errors with my wife's assortment of the aforementioned brand, none of them helped.

Prior to her deciding on that brand, she had been using the Tony Little Micropedic Pillows. I tried those in different sizes and finally found one that was just what I needed with these 2 new recliners. It is the standard size Tony Little Pillow that works for me. Just not using it in a bed.

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Why not have your husband come with you and try out different pillows at various stores? Maybe now is not the time, due to shut down, but he should be the one engaged in finding a pillow to his liking, not you.

Super Contributor

ITA with iceberg. Get your husband to find his own perfect pillow.

Honored Contributor

I have tried every pillow known to man....including the old Sobakawa pillows that have some kind of husks in them. No good!  I wake up with neck and jaw pain every day.  Sometimes way worse than other times, but it never goes away.   Right now it's a kind of Serta pillow (only ok and better when it was brand new, now not so much) but it's reached the point again that I have to find another new pillow....  Yes, I've tried MyPillow and it doesn't work for me either......    

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*