Respected Contributor

Re: Need Pillow Advice Please...

Sometimes the answer is not to go fluffy but to go thin.  I have tried fluffy, firm, tempo pedic and a host of other types.  I even stuffed a fleece in a pillowcase.  (which wasen't half bad.)  I sleep best with a thin pillow under my neck. 

Honored Contributor

The standard My Pillows have worked nicely, but don't get the firm.

Perhaps you could check the reviews of the recent TSV pillows. @RetRN  didn't I see the UPS truck dropping off yours? Signed, Gladys Cravitz!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@candys mine wrote:

Sometimes the answer is not to go fluffy but to go thin.  I have tried fluffy, firm, tempo pedic and a host of other types.  I even stuffed a fleece in a pillowcase.  (which wasen't half bad.)  I sleep best with a thin pillow under my neck. 

I was going to suggest the same thing...a thin pillow.  I also have trouble finding just the "right" pillow.  The vast majority are too thick and my neck is at a very uncomfortable angle.

I've wasted so much money trying to find one that works for me.  I finally settled on the "slender" pillow from The Vermont Country Store.  I have an adjustable bed and I raise the head of my mattress up just a little and with this slender pillow I find it quite comfortable.

Respected Contributor

@hckynutCreepy?  what's creepy about him showing up in the medicine cabinet and the couple being impressed to see him?

What's creepy about him going into their bedroom?

and Especially, What's creepy about Once the couple have been enlightened to the benifits of his My Pillow The man of the couple is now Wearing The same Blue Shirt as The 'My Pillow guy"?  VERY creepy, indeed!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chickenbutt wrote:

The ones with pieces of foam just seem silly to me and don't get me started on that creepy pillow guy.

I also find the pillow guy creepy.  I tried his pillows and did not like them,  they just did not work for me.

I didn't realize it was a crime to think someone is creepy...

Honored Contributor

@candys mine wrote:

@hckynutCreepy?  what's creepy about him showing up in the medicine cabinet and the couple being impressed to see him?

What's creepy about him going into their bedroom?

and Especially, What's creepy about Once the couple have been enlightened to the benifits of his My Pillow The man of the couple is now Wearing The same Blue Shirt as The 'My Pillow guy"?  VERY creepy, indeed!

@candys mine 

I get what are are putting down. You find the "commercials" creepy. Were that man played by an actor, or someone other than Michael Lindell the creator, would say the same about that man's personal character?

I felt the person I directed my response to was attacking Michael Lindell, the person, not the man he played in his commercials. My response had to do with that aspect of their post. I am very familiar with Mr. Lindell's life story and I find him to be a man I admire because of the changes he made in his life, thus my response to a specific post and poster.

How anyone feels about that product or those commercials is irrelevant to me. It's the reference to that specific man I find objectionable to me. 

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@DottieBlue wrote:

I also find the pillow guy creepy.  I tried his pillows and did not like them,  they just did not work for me.

I didn't realize it was a crime to think someone is creepy...

@DottieBlue 

If you are referring to my post, my exact comment was "Interesting ". I posted my response to @candys mine right before this one. In that I also did not reference anything that should be construed as "a crime".

Wanting some dialog was my intention, not what I feel others are free to post. @candys mine responded with "dialog", and that was the point of my original post about "creepy", in this particular thread.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@hckynutYes that commercial did nothing to sway me towards the product.  The clincher was that in the end the male of the couple appeared to have been "converted/initiated" into the My Pillow fold wearing the Official blue shirt. I couldn't see if he wore a chain.  Absolutely Nothing against personal character.  EVERYTHING against the Marketing. It struck me as a bit "Cultish"  That was what creeped me out.

Honored Contributor

@candys mine 

Thank you for your explanation.

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

@hckynut 

Granted, my use of the word "crime" is a bit hyperbolic.

Thank you for your response.