Valued Contributor

Need Pillow Advice Please...

[ Edited ]

My DH has difficulty getting comfortable at night, and he often wakes up with a sore shoulder or stiff neck.  (He has seen a chiropractor as well as his doctor).  DH thinks some of the problem Is finding the right pillow.  I have purchased several off amazon as well as a MY PILLOW from QVC and a recommendation from the chiropractor.  (Ironically, the one from the chiropractor was the least comfortable, but has become our dog’s favorite pillow)

Do any of you ladies have a suggestion?   I have seen the “sleep and glow anti-wrinkling pillow” recommended by several youtubers, but am a bit suspicious how honest the reviews are (the pillow is over $150).  Does anyone have this particular pillow and could give your opinion?

Thanks in advance!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Need Pillow Advice Please...

How old is your mattress? That could be contributing to neck & shoulder pain. Made all the difference for me. Sorry I cannot offer advice about a pillow- such a personal thing. I use a combination of My Pillow and down surround purchased at Costco.

Esteemed Contributor

@Swedishmiss  I do not own the pillow you mentioned but would like to pass along a very comfortable and supportive pillow that I own.   When we downsized it was time for a new mattress so I did some research and read many reviews and ended up buying a Casper mattress.   We were using MY Pillow's at the time but I decided to also try the Casper pillows........Well I am in love with them and so is hubby.  I am a pillow fanatic and very fussy, have tried many different brands and I finally found the one for me!  I also swear by the mattress.  Just wanted to share, good luck with your search.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Swedishmiss 

The My Pillow had to be the worst experience ever in a pillow.  The most uncomfortable pillowcaused sore neck, headache, shoulder pain etc.    The foam is like vomit chunks.

Having good success with this purchase from Macy's

Monogram Logo Cotton Pillows
Purchased 2 standards in the firm and sometimes double up on sleeping on them. 
Good Luck totally understand neck and back issues with pillows
Respected Contributor

@Swedishmiss  Have you tried down pillows?  There are some pretty reasonable from Target from Fieldcrest for about $70.  I would give those a try.   I see that they also have Casper ones too, just in case you are looking for those as someone else recommended.

Depending on your mattress, you might want to get one of those mattress toppers.  They are great if your mattress needs to be replaced (and you are unable to replace it).

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

My husband and I both just recently bought My Pillow and love them. I had neck issues and I finally gave in. Just try it I bet you will like it. 

Contributor

What kind of a sleeper is your husband  (, back, side , stomach).  that would be helpful to know regarding the type of pillow.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Many years ago I used to wake up in pain from my head to lower back. First thing I did almost every day was to take aspirin for the headache and pain. My pain often didn't go away until mid morning. I had a Serta but I was not happy. I purchased a Casper mattress and couldn't be happier. I also have their pillows and like them. With my old mattress I could not sleep on my side, now I can. You could try a new mattress because they usually have a lengthy trial period and if you don't like it you can return it. (You don't have to fit it in the box to return it)

Trusted Contributor

I constantly have neck issues after sleeping. I had down pillow that I loved forever and after they finally gave up the ghost I've had a hard time finding what I like. I tend to go between sleeping on my back and side.

So the fix I've found is how you use the pillow. I use two with the bottom one being a little firm. The top one is a smushy down. I take the top one and fluff it up and then I jam the long edge of the pillow under my neck and it sort of cradles my head if that makes sense. And when I switch to my side I can just jam the pillow however to get in under my neck. 

Trusted Contributor

Interesting how we are different.  I have trouble sleeping at my daughter's house as I use their guest room which has down pillows and  some kind of foam ones.  Last time she brought down a My Pillow and I slept like a baby.   I have them at home but never thought to bring my own pillow.   I LOVE the My Pillow.  There are different fill leels on his website that Q does not offer.   Sorry it is not working for your husband.