Super Contributor

Need Help with Affordable Care Act enrollment

Hi everyone. I rarely post, but I need help with ACA. Last year, I set up an account but was unable to enroll. Even though I got recent e-mails to my e-mail address, I have having trouble enrolling. I called their help line; person was very nice and told me that I might have to set up a new e-mail address from another source (such as gmail). If anyone out there had a similar problem, I would be so grateful for any solutions. Thank you very much.

Respected Contributor

Re: Need Help with Affordable Care Act enrollment

I didn't have this issue. But setting up a Gmail account is very simple. ..even I (computer challenged!) did it. Good luck. I have had O-bama (apparrently I could not type POTUS' name on this forum)care for a yeAr already. It's blue cross.
Super Contributor

I would try to avoid setting up a redundant account. I received emails from the ACA I was enrolled in and each message directed me to log in to my account to view the message. Did you set up an account last year? with a user ID and password? Are you using a State ACA site or the Federal site? If it is a State Exchange call again and ask for an escalation. I had to escalate several issues with my billing and they aren't the most organized outfit.

Honored Contributor

perhaps you should call out to terrier - I believe this is what she does for a living.

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/3/2014 happy housewife said:

perhaps you should call out to terrier - I believe this is what she does for a living.

I agree. Terrier3 works in this capacity.

You may need a Navigator to walk you through each step over the phone; but terrier3 will be a lot of help to you.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Super Contributor

I would find an agent. It costs nothing more to have one and they would be a tremendous help.
Respected Contributor

On 12/3/2014 dobiesrule said: I would find an agent. It costs nothing more to have one and they would be a tremendous help.

ITA. This healthcare "system" is a total disaster! Let someone who knows how to deal with the computer sign up that won't let everyone sign up. So glad I'm still covered by my retirement plan. Expensive, but it works.

Honored Contributor

On 12/3/2014 brandiwine said:
On 12/3/2014 dobiesrule said: I would find an agent. It costs nothing more to have one and they would be a tremendous help.

ITA. This healthcare "system" is a total disaster! Let someone who knows how to deal with the computer sign up that won't let everyone sign up. So glad I'm still covered by my retirement plan. Expensive, but it works.

No, it's not a "total disaster" ......... and if you weren't covered by your retirement plan, you'd be grateful to have the safety net. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Honored Contributor

I live in New York State and the website allows you to check out the various plans without signing in. I would think once you decide on a plan you could call that company and they could sign you up over the phone.
Trusted Contributor

On 12/3/2014 brandiwine said:

Several million people that were unable to get medical care can now afford to go to doctors - is this the best disaster you can come up with?